Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

This is a short clip to demonstrate my Superior 2.0 Rock Drums preset, which can be accessed here: Nolly's Superior 2.0 Rock Drums Preset (Check description for download) by Nolly on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I have adjusted the levels to suit the mix, but I have not touched any of the processing apart from adding some more low end to the kick drum.

Here's the Logic session files for this clip so you can see what I've done: www.redseasfire.co.uk/BigRockMix/Nolly's Big Rock Mix.zip

The guitar tracks are my Blackmachine B2 Burl with Bare Knuckle Aftermath pickups, through my Axe-FX running the "Marsha HBE" model. Bass is Trilian, but I have bounced it down as a wav so that it's usable by all.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Thanks for this dude! :metal: Do you have any idea what I could use to get a snare sound more like this:

I've been using the Slingerland snare from the old EZD tuning it down and putting a transient on the parallel compression track which kind of works, but its still not quite like i'd like it to be...doesn't have the same crack.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Thanks for this dude! :metal: Do you have any idea what I could use to get a snare sound more like this:
YouTube - ‪Grady Hammer In My Hand Video‬‏

I've been using the Slingerland snare from the old EZD tuning it down and putting a transient on the parallel compression track which kind of works, but its still not quite like i'd like it to be...doesn't have the same crack.
Try more cowbell.. :shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts