Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Smashing Pumpkins: not as desirable as Smashmouth.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Does Mustaine do charity work? Recently Corgan donated to the adoption agency we got our dog from, and gave them some free tickets to their show. I think he was doing this at stops on the tour.

4,429 Posts
He also put out a solo album (which is decent if you like SP) using the name William Patrick Corgan. I can't think of anything more deuchy than randomly deciding 30 years into your career you want people to call you by your full name. It's like a 5 year old who demands to be called Christopher instead of Chris but instead Billy is 50.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I guess I'm missing the "douche" part of this. I just read the article from the OP & I really don't see the "whining" part, either - just Billy making a statement.

No real fan of Smashmouth (I'd listen to Smashing Pumpkins over them any day) but I do think that Smashmouth was the better fit for that film.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I just looked at Corgan's wikipedia article:

Corgan has in recent years increasingly espoused conspiracy theories, voiced his admiration for radio host Alex Jones[101] and frequently appeared as a guest on the latter's radio show, where he has endorsed conspiracy theories such as the chemtrail conspiracy theory, and the connection between vaccines and autism, and decried the "emasculation" of men in contemporary society. Corgan has expressed controversial political views, such as that swine influenza was an "Obama conspiracy" and "propaganda".[101][106][verification needed]
:wtf:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Um... rock stars. This conversation comes off as a disagreement about what rock stars remember from 16 years ago.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
4,429 Posts
I LOVE Siamese Dream and Gish....

...and yet I'm not at all surprised by this poll. :lol:
I love those albums as well and enjoy quite a bit of the other albums too, but that doesn't change my opinion on how much of a tool Billy makes himself out to look like. I think some of it is "character acting" to a degree, but he's still an annoying twat.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts