Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I fucking love me some Billy Idol, got really into his stuff around 2011 and wondered why I never got into it earlier. Even his slower stuff is killer, this is one of my favorite tracks and it's not even that rock.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Been on a Billy Idol kick myself, lately. Really liking his last album!

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I've always considered him more "punk" than "metal," but he has a ton songs that I really dig. :yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always considered him more "punk" than "metal," but he has a ton songs that I really dig. :yesway:
No argument there, but he's still metal. Dude's a legend. Even his dance-y weird shit is 100% acceptable any time, because he's Billy fuckin' Idol.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
No argument there, but he's still metal. Dude's a legend. Even his dance-y weird shit is 100% acceptable any time, because he's Billy fuckin' Idol.
I have a few metal covers of Billy Idol songs on my iPod and oftentimes after I listen to one, I just have to go listen to the original Billy Idol version. :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
This show was really good, too, and it also highlights what a monster player Steve Stevens is. I remember having my mind blown when i saw the tabs for Rebel Yell, and learned that the intro was fingerpicked guitar, not a synth line.

I'd argue that he's singing better now than he did in his cocaine-addled years.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stevens is RIDICULOUSLY good. I can't really call him underrated because the usual guitar mags have been gushing over him for ages, but he's certainly not mentioned enough. He can play his absolute ass off.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Not to mention, he's also one of the few people to do a cover that's if not on par with the original, better

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If he didn't make so many questionable fashion choices, he'd probably be, uh, richer or something. :lol:

I'd buy the hell out of an album of him and Ritchie Kotzen trading back and forth ala Cacophony.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

DON'T YOU TALK TO BILLY THAT WAY

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Im glad you posted this and am glad to find Im not crazy... Billy Idol is great and I loves me some Steve Stevens all day any day.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts