Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chromaphonic Invader
1,298 Posts
Actually I think the trem is a good thing considering how few production 8's have working ones on them. But yeah, not really for me, nice though.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Tempting, but anytime I played an 8 string, I could never think of shit to do :lol: Plus I don't really listen to 8 string bands so I couldn't even use it to jam along to stuff.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Tempting, but anytime I played an 8 string, I could never think of shit to do :lol: Plus I don't really listen to 8 string bands so I couldn't even use it to jam along to stuff.
I had fun screwing around with the 8 string I had for a bit, my main problem with it is you literally need to completely modify all your settings for it to sound good (except for using the VH140C I had) and I was too lazy to program Axe patches JUST to screw around with the 8 string :lol:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Probably wouldn't be so bad for me since I'm not using the Axe models for my tone anymore, I'm just using the Axe purely for effects. I find tubes a lot more forgiving in that way, don't need to tweak every advanced setting for different guitars, etc. At least that's what I find with my rig.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
oh, these look nice :eek:.

i don't remember the other Kahlered Agile 8's having locking nuts either, and floyd locking nuts at that!

price isn't bad at all considering the Pro series Kahlers alone are $400.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Those would be the Kahler locking nuts. They started doing actual nuts once they started doing ERG trems, although I don't know if they make them for 6's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts