Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hated them the first time.

I just tried these in a jap esp horizon 7 string, first impression is holy fuck these sound amazing - and they kind of do, huge sounding very big and wide, retarded output - lowered them a bit - much better.

but heres the kicker, they just don't sit right in a mix, its like all the wrong parts of the guitar frequency are being exaggerated - all the parts that i end up filtering out - too much bass, too much top end.

I go back to emgs and think - these sound kind of boring, and overly compressed - i record and throw it int he mix - presto sits perfectly - guitar sounds right everythign else works - bass guitar sounds better - everything is more defined.

these just aren't for me, SD need to chill the fuck out and bring out more sensible option.

back to my trusty emgs.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I have to disagree. I own EMGs and Blackouts and the Blackouts just sound better. I like the EMGs too, but the Blackouts have a much more balanced sound. A difference in taste, I guess.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to disagree. I own EMGs and Blackouts and the Blackouts just sound better. I like the EMGs too, but the Blackouts have a much more balanced sound. A difference in taste, I guess.
we should fight, like in real life. Not a friendly punch up followed by a reluctant drink. A proper joust with bmx bikes and sharpened broom sticks.

thanks for your opinion though, I'm sorry you had to disagree, I've never in my life felt such conviction and tip my hat to this.

its a shame I have to kill you in BMX combat.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stitch that means alot to me, I like you also. I remember back when it was just you, me, and tommy pope, and we would go for those walks together by the unused railroad. Those times grew some fond memories, I can now say with a great deal of pride that i repress no discomfort or shame when i spoon or am indeed spooned by another man. It was like two great bulls locking horns and dropping to the ground in exhuastion. Tommy was from a simpler life, and thought of nothing more than the whipping his ex-amish father would give him if he was home late. His mothers vanilla pudding alwasy had a slightly cheesy taste, you could tell his dad knew and that look on his face commanded silence on the matter.

I like you also Stitch - and I always have.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im crying also, if you were here we could hold eachother.....it would help me focus before the joust.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
BMX? Bah, do it proper:

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Blackouts sound terrible in a mix. EMGs sound terrible live.

J50BC+JE-1000 FTW.

·
Jigsaw?
3,913 Posts
I've been wanting to try Blackouts because the spark has gone out of EMG and Fathead's sex life. Out of all the pickups in the house they are my least favorite. But then again the last thing I recorded was my own farts for the answering machine. I would gladly hoist a sharpened stick with your liver on it above my head like a trophy or call for a toast in honor of your now non-functional spleen. Let the BMX combat begin.

Spooning Stitch is easy, just buy a white wool sweater and stay low to the ground:yesway:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
:lmao:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
we should fight, like in real life. Not a friendly punch up followed by a reluctant drink. A proper joust with bmx bikes and sharpened broom sticks.

thanks for your opinion though, I'm sorry you had to disagree, I've never in my life felt such conviction and tip my hat to this.

its a shame I have to kill you in BMX combat.
It's what Ronald would have wanted.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts