Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i used to have a set of these in a bernie rico vixen, they proved to be rather shite in that guitar which i dubbed the woof-caster from then on, however I'd be fibbing if i said that particular instrument ever sounded "spectacular"....

So currently I have a guitar that is crazy bright and tight.....too tight....squinting on entry tight.....

I ordered a blackout to see if its woof could fix this issue somewhat....and in true internet spirit thought I would try to validate this purchase with other peoples opinions.\

but seriously now....has anyone tried these in a maple guitar?

cheers folks.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
According to the tracking info, my Loomis is due to arrive tomorrow morning. I have a set of Blackouts sitting right here ready and primed for that little bitch. I will be doing extensive comparisons to the stock 707's so we shall soon find out what it's like in a maple guitar.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
According to the tracking info, my Loomis is due to arrive tomorrow morning. I have a set of Blackouts sitting right here ready and primed for that little bitch. I will be doing extensive comparisons to the stock 707's so we shall soon find out what it's like in a maple guitar.
Erm.... isn't the Loomis Ash? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The Blackouts might help for that guitar, actually. They're not radically different than EMGs, just a little fatter sounding.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

A lot of 80s shred guitars are maple. Lynchs original Bengal from ESP is all maple. It also weighs 13.95 pounds, because maple is not light :lol:

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

A lot of 80s shred guitars are maple. Lynchs original Bengal from ESP is all maple. It also weighs 13.95 pounds, because maple is not light :lol:
:evilholy:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
maple guitar isn't that uncommon - sounds pretty epic also.

I've heard the blackouts in alder and wasnt impressed, but this particular guitar is solid padouk, it could do with some beef.
I hear a Seymour Duncan Ca1f would help well with that. Might help give you a bit of a meatier tone, less woof, more moo.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Im looking for more a thwop thwop creamy high haunting mid smooth low maximum mojo tone.
In which case, I'd recommend an SD S75H1872R8442678-R-X. I heard Ola AND Keith Merrow use these now. As well as Yngwie and Paul McCartney. They're awesome :yesway:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In which case, I'd recommend an SD S75H1872R8442678-R-X. I heard Ola AND Keith Merrow use these now. As well as Yngwie and Paul McCartney. They're awesome :yesway:
ZOMG THEY MUST BE GOOD!!!!!!!!

but how will they sound through my crate combo?

I liked seymarzio compensator

KK de-martini used it on the the latest Richie Vallens album

1 - 14 of 14 Posts