Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one of these? Seems pretty versatile and looks like you can pick up a used one pretty cheap...

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
I had one a while back and sold it...

It was Ok. I found the knobs really hard to read, little dimples in silver on silver weren't great. The stacked pots on mine were also really lose, so it was hard to move one channels gain without moving the other.

Sound was fine, but my vague memory was that it didn't take pedals well.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that doesn't sound promising... thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have it and picked it up used.
Pros:
-Flexible (2 channels, full EQ, etc.)
-Sounds better than your average distortion pedal
Cons:
-Big
-Requires a strange power supply
-I was expecting a pre-amp, but this isn't one. It sounds overly "boxy". My other (admittedly boutique) pedals sound more open.

Bottom line: depends on the price. If you can pick one up cheap, it's worth it. Otherwise, pass, and save for a Seymour Duncan Palladium, etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I never really bonded with mine, something about the EQ didn't sit well in my ears. But gain/distortion pedals are so very user dependent if you can get one cheap go for it. They seem well built and may have the sound you've been looking for.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GC currently has one for $89. Think that's worth it?

I have it and picked it up used.
Pros:
-Flexible (2 channels, full EQ, etc.)
-Sounds better than your average distortion pedal
Cons:
-Big
-Requires a strange power supply
-I was expecting a pre-amp, but this isn't one. It sounds overly "boxy". My other (admittedly boutique) pedals sound more open.

Bottom line: depends on the price. If you can pick one up cheap, it's worth it. Otherwise, pass, and save for a Seymour Duncan Palladium, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts