Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
The original Blade Runner is one of the best movies EVER created. I hope this isn't a let down.:yesway:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
We'll see. I try hard not to be a purist and complain about sequels/spinoffs/reboots/etc but I thought part of what made Blade Runner work was how limited the scope of the movie was. It's very much an art piece, and you're dropped into this 'used future' environment where things are relateable but different enough that you're learning about it on your feet, and the storyline is woven into the experience. In that, I always thought a lot of the appeal was you had to use cues from the environment and the characters to figure out the back story about them and the world, as opposed to having them spoon fed to you. In that sense, I thought the movie worked really well as a single piece, so I've gotta wonder how effective a sequel can be at capturing that, without being hamfisted. :2c:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything Randy said in the post above me is completely true, and I completely agree.

Nonetheless, and I am sorry for repeating myself, this looks awesome:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Blade Runner always had really killer theming and really captured the futuristic dystopia feeling. This looks pretty good too, hope it actually is :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Looks pretty good. I'll have to check it out. I've got the original on Blu-ray with, I think, three different versions of the film.

Looks cool. It also looks like they're giving away that Ryan Gosseling is a replicant...?
And giving away that Deckard is not.

Not sure why I spoilered that. :/ For fun?

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
This makes me want to play Deus Ex.
Why so you can get all excited to only start playing and instantly be reminded that the game is never as cool as the image on the case.:lol:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Saw it last weekend! Absolutely FANTASTIC.

Everything is perfect. Perfect sequel, perfect cinematography, perfect sound design + score, perfect acting, very respectful of the first film, but more accomplished, IMO.
Very contemplative. Very slow-paced. Not to watch if you're in the mood for fast-paced action. DEFINITELY a must-see in a theater.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Saw it last weekend! Absolutely FANTASTIC.

Everything is perfect. Perfect sequel, perfect cinematography, perfect sound design + score, perfect acting, very respectful of the first film, but more accomplished, IMO.
Very contemplative. Very slow-paced. Not to watch if you're in the mood for fast-paced action. DEFINITELY a must-see in a theater.
I loved it, but I'm not sure I agree it was "slow-paced." Maybe it was, but it never felt slow. I was shocked when I left the theater and realized it was nearly 3 hours long, it kept me very engrossed the whole movie. Was a perfect 10 for me.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Brilliant. The story is engaging and deliberate - just like the original. The movie itself is beautiful at a level you rarely see. Gosling is perfect in his haunted naivete, and Ford just crushes his parts. Even Jared Leto is good enough in his messianic glee.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I loved it, but I'm not sure I agree it was "slow-paced." Maybe it was, but it never felt slow. I was shocked when I left the theater and realized it was nearly 3 hours long, it kept me very engrossed the whole movie. Was a perfect 10 for me.
Oh, I totally agree. It doesn't feel slow. I just think that in general, most people will find it slow placed. I mean, it is way slower than your usual sci-fi movie.

Brilliant. The story is engaging and deliberate - just like the original. The movie itself is beautiful at a level you rarely see. Gosling is perfect in his haunted naivete, and Ford just crushes his parts. Even Jared Leto is good enough in his messianic glee.
Really, Gossling is perfect for that role (which was written for him, I heard). And this is the best Ford acting in his last couples of films, no doubt.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Am I crazy, I mean the first one is probably one of my favourite films, but I think this might be better than the first... I can't wait to see this film again.
It's absolutely better than the first, in my opinion. I liken it to Terminator and Terminator 2. First movie was excellent, sequel was even better. Hopefully the next movie doesn't become Terminator 3 :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.