Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Arugula is awesome. We make some awesome salads with it. I'm gonna tell the woman to fire off some salad rocket salads.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Now we wait for the vegan band "eruca salt".

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Man you yanks call food some weird shit. Arugula? Cilantro?
Man you have no idea. Are you ready to have your mind blown?

To a certain set of Americans, arugula is some high falootin, hoity toity fancy shit that elitist, ivory tower liberals eat with pinkies extended. No shit, "arugala-eating liberals" is something I have seriously heard used by elected officials as a pejorative. At one point Obama caught a bunch of heat for eating arugula.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

To a certain set of Americans, arugula is some high falootin, hoity toity fancy shit that elitist, ivory tower liberals eat with pinkies extended. No shit, "arugala-eating liberals" is something I have seriously heard used by elected officials as a pejorative. At one point Obama caught a bunch of heat for eating arugula.
:lol: I'd never heard that. I just eat it because it's tasty.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
My go-to mix is salad rockets, prematurely culled infant spinach, crumbled cheese of the infernal goat, and a couple walnuts halved and POUNDED INTO FUCKING DUST. Let none be spared. Hail!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Salad Spinning

First, McCain spokesman Brian Rogers sent out an e-mail describing Obama as "a guy who worries about the price of arugula." Later in the day, Rogers said in an interview, "In terms of who's an elitist, I think people have made a judgment that John McCain is not an arugula-eating, pointy-headed-professor type."

Obama's arugula problem dates to last summer, to an offhand remark in Iowa. He was saying that farmers could make good money planting specialty crops rather than just corn and soybeans. He asked his audience if anyone had seen the price of arugula lately at Whole Foods. Pundits howled: Arugula! Whole Foods! As if the mooing masses of Iowans had ever heard of such a thing or such a place!
:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts