Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our first rehearsal yesterday and I decided to film it... It's a "virtual multicam" setup because I only have one camera :lol:
Basically we played the song three times. Basically I chose the drum tracks from filming the drummer, my guitar track from filming me and the vocals/2nd guitar when filming the singer/2nd guitarist, obviously.

The bass player didn't have time to attend yesterday, so we played a prerecorded bass track through the Cymatic Live Player LP-16, which also functions as MIDI automation for our Digitech GSP1101 guitar/bass rig.

I do not have a full time line-up for this band at the moment, but I have a few hired guns for this years gigs:

Philip Forsell (Antham) on vocals
Daniel Sjögren (Twilight Force / Bloodbound) on drums
Jimmy Mattsson (Isole / Ereb Altor) on bass (obviously not around in the video)

Mixed this very quickly this morning so don't expect perfect mix but it works I guess! :metal:

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
That sounds fantastic

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great stuff man. The whole mix sounds awesome, especially the drums. :metal:
Thanks, that's because I use Perfect Drums :flex:

Or more accurately, the kick drum is 100% sampled and the snare is about 50/50 mixed with the real snare... Toms are acoustic tho, I seldom like sampled toms.

I've used EZ Mix 2 preset for overheads, toms and vocals, and then a "Metal Master" preset on the master bus.
Maybe not award winning engineering, but I got a fully workably mix in no time.

And yeah, as usual, my GSP1101 tones are 100% unmixed, and I think they sound terrific. Could have been louder in the mix tho.

Still trying to dial in a GSP tone for bass!

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Typically it's 'tl;dr' which means "too long, didn't read", which is used as a synopsis of a larger text for someone who didn't want to read the whole thing. It's often used humorously.

'tl;dw', in this context, means "too long, didn't watch"

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Hansi is actually one of his biggest influences.

We did a "Mirror Mirror" cover together a couple of years ago and absolutely he killed it!

Let's see if it comes up on Youtube soon, it's on a CD compilation which just got released so maybe it will be uploaded somewhere and I'll show it!

From what I can remember my mix is terrible tho. But Philip does a great job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts