Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Colourful bastard
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blocking the floating trem on my Jackson Fusion. Want it solid, not just dive only, seeing as a) I have no nuts :)rofl:) and b) I don't really use the bar anyway.

Question is, does anyone know the measurements for the block of wood I'd need to put in?

Also, do I need to put one either side of the block to fix it completely, or would one behind the strings be sufficient?

Sorry if they're n00bish questions, never done this before!

Ta.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
The measurements are going to be slightly different for each guitar. To block both directions, I found the best solution was to have a block on each side - though dive-only will probably suit you fine...

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Making it dive-only will work just as well if you leave the bar off and put four or five springs on the trem. I've done that before and found the setup to be just as stable as a fixed bridge.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Best way to figure it out is to use some thin card as a template. Push it up to the trem block and press down on the card to crease the edge of the cavity. Transfer the shape to the wood and job done. BTW, some trem blocks slope, just to make it harder.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
No problem. It's a trick I picked up doing a course in vehicle restoration, oddly enough. The big difference is you stuck the card over the hole you needed to repair, but it still works here :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts