Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a mate of mine bought an E46 the other day, and made me aware that this also works on the E39, so I'm assuming it'll work on any fob with 2 or more buttons. When you next unlock your car, hold down the unlock button, and your windows will roll down for as long as you hold the button, and will roll up completely when you lock it if you hold the lock button! Nifty :yesway:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Used to use this all the time on my E46. People have also made it work to open verts. US E46's didn't do the lock button one though, had to put the key in the lock and hold to the lock position to do that one.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Volkswagens from roughly the mid 2000s on do this as well.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Our MINI does this as well. Also cracks the sunroof after the windows are all the way down. But because of stupid "anti-pinch" safety features, they don't roll up in the same way, which is at least as, if not more useful. (e.g. being able to button down the car from your office when a sudden summer shower hits)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I have a modern BMW, it came with a Guatemalan kid in the trunk to take care of the windows for me. Pushing buttons is for poor people.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Anyone can drive the pinnacle of German engineering. But it takes a special kind of selling-out-to-a-random-asian-guy-who-ignores-the-website to own it. :yesway:
:lol: I owned my E46... by the time the subframe mounts shit the bed and I had to get rid of it :pissed:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:funnypost:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Erm, Ant, that's called global closure and it's not even remotely new. My Dad's Vauxhall Carlton had it in 1990 :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts