·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Leon

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
we have the same thing over here but its called body worlds.
i think one of the coolest things i saw was when they took and animal and pumped its veins full of laytex, then disolved the meat away and your were just left with a vein structure.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
I've been to a similar show before. They all seem to be pretty much the same, though with different names applied to them.

Seriously one of the coolest, and most informative exhibits I have ever been to. It's an excellent way for the general population to get exposed to human anatomy in a way that only medical students would have been prior to this.

I was particularly interested in the vascular structure of the lungs.. It was quite artistic, in a way. I also enjoyed seeing the forms of destruction cancer caused to various organs. There was also a prenatal exhibit at the one I went to, though it was in a separate enclosure, with multiple warning signs prior to entry, as to not unnecessarily expose people with sensitivities to that sort of thing. They had a fetus from each stage of development that had terminated naturally for whatever reason--I think they actually stated the reason on a card in front of the case.

I vividly recall certain trauma victim exhibits as well.. It was interesting to see bone structures, with tissues partially in tact around it, for a better view of what's happening inside. I found it quite interesting to see inside of what the fraction of it I would normally see when I'm with a patient. Even on some of the other bodies, while paying attention to bones, you'll probably be able to spot a few healed fractures.

The most impressive thing I recall was essentially a real version of what medical imaging equipment does... A body was cut using like 1" increments and expanded in order over a distance of 70 feet.

The mood of being in the exhibit is very unique too... something you just have to experience for yourself.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The most impressive thing I recall was essentially a real version of what medical imaging equipment does... A body was cut using like 1" increments and expanded in order over a distance of 70 feet.
That sounds fucking amazing! :cool:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to this today. Some fascinating stuff. I actually got to see what a gallbladder looks like which was intriguing after I had mine removed a couple of months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts