Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

Ugh, why couldn't it have been something with a modern flavor? The world doesn't need another 'vintage voiced' pickup.

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts

Ugh, why couldn't it have been something with a modern flavor? The world doesn't need another 'vintage voiced' pickup.
Comes down to sales. They say more to come so it'll be interesting if they do go with some modern designs.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Bogner preamp pedals were cool. Haven't tried the Neve series. My guess is ol' Reinhardt hasn't been selling amps like he used to, though . . .

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

Lopez said:

Comes down to sales. They say more to come so it'll be interesting if they do go with some modern designs.
I know, it was more a rhetoric rant. Unfortunately guitarists for the most part are stuck in the past and even suggesting that there are products out today that rival and better stuff of old is enough to get you lynched.

Oh well, can't say I've seen an amp designer step into the pickup realms (excluding the old school companies of fender, gibson, gretsch etc etc) so it would be interesting to see the angle they come at it from.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
*obligatory price complaint*
But seriously, at $169 a pickup, they're competing with the big dogs, and I still would rather get a JB/59 set if im shooting for vintage for $160 than risk these for $340, though I'm sure they're good if they're asking that much.

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
I like how the bridge is an alnico II and the neck is a III. For more modern pickups, I prefer an alnico in the bridge and ceramic in the neck instead of the other way around. They seem to balance better to me, and I like the more midrange snap it gives the neck. These look pretty cool - hopefully they sound as good as they cost.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Interesting.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

I'll be shocked if these are better than the Wolfetone Dr Vintage set. For a hundred less.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts