Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I run the FX loop, whether there's pedals in the loop or not, there's a massive volume cut.. The send knob does increase and lower the input volume slightly, but there's a consistent less the half actual output whenever the loop is active.. It doesn't really matter as long as I know this is normal and I'm not hurting anything by doing it to be honest.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Nothing to be worried about, it's a known problem for TJ and blue rev I believe.

If you put your channel volume at around 12 o'clock there shouldn't be a very big difference.

I recommend you to visit in rig talk's bogner forum, you can also contact Bogner themselves with any problem, they do respond and have a great customer service.

It's kinda weird but people in here and on ss.org aren't really into the uber from what I've seen, probably because it's not that good for the whole djent thing.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I see a lot of people praising the Uber, I know I love them, they're just very expensive and not a lot of people have them.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Used it's $2000. That may have a big factor too.
Not in this economy. :lol:

I was in the market for an Uber for quite a while before I got my Kr100. Everyone who's pricing Ubers at even $1600 isn't selling. A mint TJ sold on ebay for ~$1600 BIN. Maybe the originals are still higher (one didn't pop up when I was looking), but Rev. Blues and TJs are definitely below $2k.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
You're right, there's not much of a Bogner clique here. No sense in analyzing why.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure Crooks has one, and I'm definitely using the Uberschall and Shiva models in my Axe-Fx extensively these days. Great rock amps.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
You're right, there's not much of a Bogner clique here. No sense in analyzing why.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure Crooks has one, and I'm definitely using the Uberschall and Shiva models in my Axe-Fx extensively these days. Great rock amps.
Crooks is pre-revision blue, he's never checked if its "Original" or "Revision 2" though. Even though I pestered him to!

I think jaxadam has mentioned having one as well.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Crooks is pre-revision blue, he's never checked if its "Original" or "Revision 2" though. Even though I pestered him to!
:crooks:

What's the thing with the Uberschall presence control? Doesn't it have this huge effect on the midrange or something? It's some weird interactive control I thought.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
:crooks:

What's the thing with the Uberschall presence control? Doesn't it have this huge effect on the midrange or something? It's some weird interactive control I thought.
You mean the additional presence control that Bogner added for the TJ?

Direct from Bogner literature,

"The super high gain channel is identical to the standard Uberschall with the exception that the presence control is now in the channel circuit itself then rather the power amp. The power amp presence control from the standard Uberschall is the same as the TwinJet's master presence control which affects both channels on the TwinJet. So the super high gain channel's presence control is an additional tone and feel shaping control."

The Twin Jet is definitely a cool amp, but most of the people in the Uber market are still looking for an EL34 Uber. (Myself included)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Interesting. I think I just meant the basic presence control. I looked it up and here it is:

Uberschall manual said:
The High-gain channel is capable of EXTREME GAIN and BASS response. We designed this channel to sound massive and to stay tight and focused even at extreme gain and high volume levels. One of the most unique items is our "Presence" control. It's an amazing combination of a midrange-presence control. As you sweep through its range you will notice an incredible variety of tones this one control allows. For an extremely aggressive sub-harmonic bass and scooped-midrange sound, keep the presence off or very low. A huge 3-dimensional tone can be found by running the presence around 2 o'clock. Pushing the "Presence" control to maximum will allow you to cut a sonic path through the mix by reinforcing your midrange and slightly rolling off the sub-bass. Trust us: REALLY check out the presence control to unleash the hidden secrets of the UBERSCHALL. The "Midrange" control is very interactive with all the other tone controls, you can go from a hollow scooped-mid setting to an aggressive in your face and on your throat kind of intensity. The "Bass" control allows almost a sub-harmonic low-end to be added, at high volumes be sure to keep the bass down a bit to keep your tone focused like a laser beam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts