Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bolt Browser

Version 1.6 is available now. I haven't used this browser since its Beta days (No blackberry at the moment) but it was much better than the native browser even at that point.

As an added bonus, this version allows you to set Bolt as the default browser for your Blackberry. So you can hide the native browsers icon, and never have to use it again! :woot:

This newest release of BOLT includes a number of important design enhancements, as well as incremental improvements driven by BOLT's users. For all mobile data networks that support it, BOLT 1.6 now offers full socket-based connectivity which can increase the page rendering speed of BOLT by as much as 15 percent. BOLT 1.6 also includes a new password manager, allowing usernames and passwords to be saved by the browser for easier and faster logins to users' favorite websites and online applications.

Responding to a frequent request from BOLT's BlackBerry smartphone users, BOLT 1.6 can now be set as the default browser on their smartphones. A version of BOLT created specifically for BlackBerry smartphones not only has all the features of BOLT, but also includes default BlackBerry shortcuts and optimizations.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Is this the one on the Tour? Whatever's on the Tour is a lot better than whatever shit was on the Bold and Curve.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one on the tour is the same one on the bold/curve. The only thing that would impact the performance with the native browser would be hardware differences, or newer OS's.

Bolt is third party. Like Opera Mini.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The one on the tour is the same one on the bold/curve. The only thing that would impact the performance with the native browser would be hardware differences, or newer OS's.

Bolt is third party. Like Opera Mini.
Different Curve then, because it's very different than what I had on my Curve. I thought the Curve and Bold were similar with browsers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts