Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
:rofl: $3800 diet coke. that was funny.

i like that he knows his guitars too. i've seen a bunch of videos where the guitarists don't even know what pickups are in the guitar, much less their tonal qualities

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I like to kid myself and say that I wouldn't bring 20 guitars with me on the road if I was in Joe's position. But of course that's complete horseshit. 99% of us here would do the same exact thing. Hell, they'd have to wipe out complete forests to make all the guitars I'd take on the road. :lol:

He does have a really nice collection. And the great thing is that he gets them because he really wants to play them.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
The best thing is that he has almost every part of his gear TWICE, one of each stored somewhere in the Netherlands for Europe-tours.

BTW: Seen Black Country Communion live 1 week ago. Bonamassa's playing live blew my mind.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
I like to kid myself and say that I wouldn't bring 20 guitars with me on the road if I was in Joe's position. But of course that's complete horseshit. 99% of us here would do the same exact thing. Hell, they'd have to wipe out complete forests to make all the guitars I'd take on the road. :lol:

He does have a really nice collection. And the great thing is that he gets them because he really wants to play them.
I'd be thinking about how much extra money i could save to buy more guitars with if i just took a couple. I personally just see more and more dollar signs hes spending with each guitar i pulled out.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I'd be thinking about how much extra money i could save to buy more guitars with if i just took a couple. I personally just see more and more dollar signs hes spending with each guitar i pulled out.
I'm assuming he gets the EBMMs either free or for very reduced cost. I also assume his Gibson deal is quite nifty, but then he's also dropping $3,800 for a random LP in Shibuya. That's a little weird to me, but I'd probably do it too for the right guitar.

Also remember that he co-owns his personal record label, so he's taking home a much bigger percentage of the album profits, and he tours constantly in what looks like pretty big places in some parts of the world. I doubt he's hurting for cash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.