Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I like how his other amps are basically the "wet" parts of a wet/dry/wet rig.

Also, you're right... it's amazing how he sounds very Johnson-y with pretty different guitar/amp/FX combo.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
That was awesome. :yesway:

He makes a great point about people "never making it two hours" if his tone is bright and shrill too. Drew, Steve and I had to walk out of Petrucci's G3 set because his tone was just too painful to listen to.

I just wish his obvious ADD didn't make him stop and shred for 45 seconds between every explanation. :lol:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I got bored with this video and decided to just watch him play with his band on youtube instead. Dude's awesome :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Over the past few months, this guy has become one of my favorites. I'd love to give that set-up a go. Sounds fucking awesome.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I can't watch it right now; is he still using the Palmers?
Yeah, he mentions them a lot. I want his Theremin!

and his chops.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Awesome!:yesway:

The guy's picking is just freakishly smooth and relaxed...

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
His Live at Royal Albert Hall DVD is a must have. The tone is just godly (he even plays a a EBMM JP baritone on one song) and the licks are incredible.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
I'm totally with him on running chorus, delay and reverb into their own amps. Since I started using a second amp for my echoes I can't imagine ever running them in line again...

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
His Live at Royal Albert Hall DVD is a must have. The tone is just godly (he even plays a a EBMM JP baritone on one song) and the licks are incredible.
Yup, I have the audio version, and it's incredible. Great player, and as a fan of baritones, I love The Ballad of John Henry.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

I like these videos better for his gear because you can actually hear him. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts