Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Well... I kinda agree with her... Slayer used to be "my band" but after Seasons they become boring as fuck with the occasional nice Thrash Song that made Slayer what Slayer was. Still remember buying Divine Intervention and getting super let down with it thinking... fuck another Band byted the dust... Maiden was going downhill... Testament was making shit for a long time and Megadeth was getting into a more POP band (or should I say poop??)

Repentless was the best thing they put out in 20 years.

About Nightwish... couldn't care less... im not a Gothic girl pretending to live in a Victorian age with all those fancy dresses so doesn't do shit for me.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Wouldn't Nightwish cracking on Slayer being like New Kids on the Block busting on the Beatles?

And, Kerry King and Lars Ulrich need to make a band that only plays arenas so their egos have room to breathe... need to spend more time being musicians and less time being rock stars...

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah make no mistake, both bands are boring as shit, but at least Slayer were fucking cool as fuck at one point.

But my point was how stupid this "news" is. It's such non-news. Shock horror! Someone has an opinion!

I knew it was going to be one of those beauty-and-the-beast disney metal bands.
:rofl: Fucking perfect description.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
But my point was how stupid this "news" is. It's such non-news. Shock horror! Someone has an opinion!
That's just pot-stirring "journalism". Kinda like the guy in every scene that tries to create drama between bands. "Such and so's drummer said your singer is a pussy..."

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah total clickbait. And the irony isn't lost on me that I've shared it, if only to point out how stupid it is.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Well... I kinda agree with her... Slayer used to be "my band" but after Seasons they become boring as fuck with the occasional nice Thrash Song that made Slayer what Slayer was. Still remember buying Divine Intervention and getting super let down with it thinking... fuck another Band byted the dust... Maiden was going downhill... Testament was making shit for a long time and Megadeth was getting into a more POP band (or should I say poop??)

Repentless was the best thing they put out in 20 years.

About Nightwish... couldn't care less... im not a Gothic girl pretending to live in a Victorian age with all those fancy dresses so doesn't do shit for me.
Ehh.. got no problem with the whole gothic/Victorian thing myself...

As long as it's..

:metal:

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
I used to think the same, that was until I saw Slayer live. Nightwish are great live too, I just get a bit bored of their albums.
Bit pointless really, it's almost as if music is a subjective thing. :lol:
:agreed:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
To be fair, Nightwish was kind of the original "beauty and the beast" metal band :lol:

Also Floor is an absolutely ridiculous musician who is making a nice paycheck, so I can't fault her too much (I find most Slayer to be boring atonal stuff anyway).

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
To be fair, Nightwish was kind of the original "beauty and the beast" metal band :lol:
Literally.

I love Nightwish and Floor is an awesome singer, but she shouldn't really be busting on other bands like this. Publicity stunt b/c now all you guys are talking about her, so I guess it worked.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I'm not the biggest Slayer fan but "boring" wouldn't be one of the descriptors I'd use.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Literally.

I love Nightwish and Floor is an awesome singer, but she shouldn't really be busting on other bands like this. Publicity stunt b/c now all you guys are talking about her, so I guess it worked.
Is it a publicity stunt though? Seems like she was asked a question and she just answered it honestly. People are allowed to not like a band. I'm sure Kerry King probably hates Nightwish.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Is it a publicity stunt though? Seems like she was asked a question and she just answered it honestly. People are allowed to not like a band. I'm sure Kerry King probably hates Nightwish.
Yes and no. No, because of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yes, because she should know damn well that as the front woman of a fairly well known band in rock/metal being interviewed by a website that her answer could incite a bit of controversy. A better approach would be that Slayer isn't really her thing, or whatever.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts