Metalguitarist.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, do any of you guys who, unlike me, know what you are doing take the Boss MD-2 seriously? Seems to me for what it is it is awfully effective.

·
Registered
21,675 Posts
Not a fan. IMHO, Boss only makes one good distortion pedal; the Angry Driver. And that's actually a JHS amp-in-a-box with a Blues Driver.

·
President / RHLC ©
13,828 Posts
Short answer is no. Nobody takes this thing seriously.

·
Super Moderator
13,450 Posts
I really liked it when I was in high school and for much of college. I think it's way better than the DS-1 for example (which was my first distortion pedal) or the MT-2 ("Metal Zone"). Would I ever pick it over a boosted tube amp (or an unboosted tube amp, for that matter)? No. But it's good if you've only got, say, a solid state amp that has really crappy distortion (even with a clean boost).

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Not a fan. IMHO, Boss only makes one good distortion pedal; the Angry Driver. And that's actually a JHS amp-in-a-box with a Blues Driver.
Always wanted to try one of those. Had a Blues Driver for a bit, but didn't gel, so I moved on...

·
Registered
926 Posts
You wont find much love for "distortion pedals" around here (overdrives are a diff story). For most of us, that stuff is what we wasted our $$ on that we earned from our first part time jobs because we didnt have the cash to get decent amps. Honestly, if you want decent tone on the cheap, buy a boss Katana 50watt instead.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
The Blues Driver and Super Overdrive are nice overdrives though.
I love the SD-1. Best thing Boss has ever made, IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts