Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... was it CRAP!!!

Of course, the Kramer re-logo I was fully aware of when buying. Not bitchworthy.

But here starts the funny stuff!
Fret ends was hanging in the air!
This MUST be a bad re-fret right? Or can frets really lift off this much?
I've had other guitar parts from 70s and 80s that has perfectly seated frets (couple of Fenders and ESP made Barrington)
Hard to get good picture, but many frets was off!

The seller never mentioned anything about bad frets.

But then he never mentioned the re-plugged holes THAT WASN'T EVEN GLUED! I could basically lift these plugs right out!
Not ESPs fault tho, but still a worse fix than I would ever do myself!

This looks seriously weird too... Can it be factory defect? The fretboard edge slopes down, looks crap.
This isn't something I have on my ESP made Barrington, or any other old or new Floyded guitars.

Also neck had more relief on treble side than bass side, so basically it's crap all the way.
Now, I DO have more relief on bass side on a few of my guitars, which is perfectly fine, because the larger strings need more space to vibrate. BUUUT... You dont want it the other way around!

So, I sent the neck back and now I can only hope the guy is decent enough to refund me, and not just run away with my money.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I always hate it when sellers play dumb when selling used stuff. Where'd you get the neck, if you don't mind me asking? Even if it's eBay, you should have some kind of buyer's protection.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On Swedish used site "Blocket" which has a sort of safe buyers protection, from what I know...
Still waiting for refund from seller tho!

When I sell stuff I always tell all significant flaws so people dont have to ask, or be dissapointed when it arrives. So far so good, I've never had anybody return crap to me, because they KNOW they buy crap! :drumpf: and if it's a GOOD product then of course I tell all good things about it too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Seller's integrity is always a good thing; what a shame so many people don't have it these days. One should ALWAYS take high quality pictures and note anything that is short of perfection on the item. I bet this guy took shitty flip phone-level pics and played dumb the rest of the way. I've sold whole guitars, pickups, and even shitty licensed floyds that can't keep tuning with not a single return because people know what they're getting when I sell it to them lol.

I'm not sure how the site works but I'd definitely contact the guy directly to let him know that you've initiated a return. I always contact first just in case things go south and the seller doesn't want to cooperate for whatever reason. Definitely beats shipping the item out first then being at their mercy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts