Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Why is this even news? Idiot gave kid a video game they weren't supposed to be playing, with plenty of warning about the content of the game, clearly did nothing to explain the content of the game at all, and the kid ended up doing something he didn't understand.

THAT'S WHY THEY PUT RATINGS AND WARNINGS ON THE BOX.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
A lot of things wrong with that. The game in the hands of an 8 year old, and the gun being so accessible.

My nephew was (and still is) allowed to play COD, GTA, etc. and he's always talking about shooting things, pretending everything's a gun, etc. Now, I'm hardly parent of the year, but it just makes me cringe seeing someone raised like that.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
A lot of things wrong with that. The game in the hands of an 8 year old, and the gun being so accessible.

My nephew was (and still is) allowed to play COD, GTA, etc. and he's always talking about shooting things, pretending everything's a gun, etc. Now, I'm hardly parent of the year, but it just makes me cringe seeing someone raised like that.
So you never played cowboys and Indians? Little boys think everything is a gun and pretend to shoot everything. It's the parents damn job to tell kids what is real, not real. Right from wrong. Make believe and reality.

At 8 you should have a fairly good idea of what you are doing.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
So you never played cowboys and Indians? Little boys think everything is a gun and pretend to shoot everything. It's the parents damn job to tell kids what is real, not real. Right from wrong. Make believe and reality.

At 8 you should have a fairly good idea of what you are doing.
:rofl:

You don't see any difference in playing cowboys and indians, and hyper real, meant for adults, violent video games? Okay. I suppose it's okay to let them watch R rated movies too, right? After all, it's our job as parents to let them know it's not real. Those visuals won't harm them at all. Nah. :ugh:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
The child is being looked after by his parents. The authorities are treating the shooting as a "homicide".

The boy cannot be charged with a crime because of his age, the sheriff's office said.

Louisiana law states: "Those who have not reached the age of 10 years are exempt from criminal responsibility."
Good. Charge the parents.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
definitely, they are 100% responsible. What's the age where kids "get" what it means to die? I'm assuming this kid is old enough to know?
A six year old knows what it means to die. I don't know that the concept of killing someone and the ramifications of that is really something they'd normally think about though.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Seanbabs said:
Pretty sure a loaded gun shouldn't be hanging around where an 8 year old can get it.
This. That's way worse than the violent video game.

4,429 Posts
Children have been accidentally or unknowingly (not understanding consequences of) shooting people with guns since they were invented. Not that I don't think the violence of GTA necessarily belongs in the hands of a kid, but it wasn't to blame here.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.