Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So there was a thread here at some point with Jari from Wintersun playing random riffs, and I remember seeing that one riff from "Sons of Winter and Stars" that just sounds like a shitfest of notes and string skipping, but it's played so gawd damn tight that I don't even.

This one: (skip to 6:20)

And with the full band: (skip to 1:56)

This riff is an absolute killer. I must have tried 3 or 4 different approaches to how to pick across 3 strings in 6/8. It's a bitch. I can go into more detail about how I pick it if you guys care but for now I just want to express how much of a dickpunch this riff is. Seriously. give it a shot.

EDIT: Also, fuck embedding youtube on this site, man. Seriously. Where the fuck is that post?

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
You heathen, if you can't be bothered to learn how to post videos, why should I bother reading/watching? :cool:

Edit: you cock! :lol: :ninja:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That's a fucking kickass riff. Sounds so much simpler than it actually is :lol:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Opening the thread I thought this was the riff that was about to be played:
1:40

:lol:

Anyway, Jari is an amazing songwriter and comes up with the sickest riffs. I loved "Time: Part 1," one of the greatest albums to ever happen for me personally.
However, I am thoroughly annoyed Part 2 has not come out yet and I am familiar with the backstory. But these guys have lost so Momentum after all the things they were doing and selling out shows. It's not good just to suddenly bring that to a close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.