Metal Guitarist Forums banner

BPM editable precise control tap tempo Pedal options? Additional TT pedals to buy?

608 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  GentleHands McCoy 
#1 ·
So I redid my board fairly recently. I'm pretty minimalist, delay and a reverb is what I like, fuzz up front for more classic stuff occasionally, that's it. The ARP-87 is definitely staying. Best delay pedal I have ever used. Or at least on par with the Caroline Lo-Fi one. The Lo-Fi mode on the ARP kicks ass and there are a bunch of other kick ass quirky features like ramping up the feedback to maximum and going to infinite repeats when you hold the tap tempo down.

Thing is, I'm picky when it comes to recording, because I do a lot of super dense stuff. So I always sync my delays to the BPM of the track. In its stock form, the ARP is set with a TT footswitch, and it's like, I can tap in quarter notes on the count in while recording, but I would still rather have an actual screen with the exact BPM I could input. I'm pretty good at tapping my foot in time, but not as precise as manually inputting the BPM for obvious reasons. Also, I want to store presets without having to tap in a new thing every time I want a change.

So Question #1. What are my options for a Master Clock style extension pedal? I actually already ordered the Disaster Area one, since it seemed like it was practically the only option, but if there is anything significantly cheaper I would like to know. https://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/micro-clock-tap-tempo-controller

Question #2. I don't need more pedals, and I don't even like a lot of pedals. But the Disaster Area thing has three outs and was expensive damn it. That's like, two outs of master clock tap tempo output I am not using. I know it seems kind of weird to be like, "I need to justify by buying this stupidly expensive extension pedal by buying something else", but fuck. That's just a bummer. Any interesting or quirky tap tempo pedals I should try out? Catalinbread and Walrus are my favorite brands. Don't care for Earthquaker. Hate their shit. DOD is cool too. Top choice now is the Walrus tremolo, the one with the coyote on it or whatever. I don't care for phasers or flangers or pedals like that at all, so I'm looking more for effects like tremolo or rotary speakers or something.

See less See more
#2 ·
In terms of other brands I'm particularly interested in; Wampler, Empress, Red Witch

Interested in trying out, or hearing about anyone's experiences with; Old Blood Noise Endeavors

Not Interested In At All; Lone Wolf, Free The Tone (too $$$$), Chase Bliss (also too $$$$$), Anything with controls that are too complex or take more than a few minutes to dial.

So any recommendations along those lines are great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.