Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thinking about putting a Brass nut on my Texan 7, but i've never used a brass nut before. How are they attached to the body? I wouldn't think that the standard glue used for nuts would work. I found one on All Parts thats for "Guitar or Bass" for $10 that is 11/16" x 1/8" x 3/16" . I am guessing this would be plenty big enough for my Texan...right? I've never replaced a nut before, and I don't have any nut files/tools anyway, I will get someone to do it for me, however no one around here carries these, so I think it would be quicker to supply the parts. I am really curious of how they're attached too.

I'm eventually going to give it an overhall, Brass nut, Brass Saddles, Rio Grande (pearloid) pickups, white pickguard, sperzel locking tuners, dimarzio pots, switchcraft jack, and possibly a scalloped board if I can find someone thats reliable to do it that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :yesway:

EDIT....Don't post threads soon after taking pain medication for an infected tooth. Grammar fixed! :lol:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I knew that worked for regular nuts, I just thought metal would be different. :yesway:

Do you guys recommend anyone in particular to scallop my fretboard? Whoever does the scallops will probably also install the nut, electronics, and give it a nice setup(So I don't have to do it :lol:). So someone that does scalloping And nice setups for a good price would be best. :metal:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Youre in VA? Im pretty sure theres a decent enough tech somewhere in the state lol. I could recommend the tech at my work, as hes fantastic, but were all the way in fucking arizona :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Youre in VA? Im pretty sure theres a decent enough tech somewhere in the state lol. I could recommend the tech at my work, as hes fantastic, but were all the way in fucking arizona :lol:
I mean, that's basically Texas!

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I mean, that's basically Texas!
to quote my sunday manager

NSFW particularly esplicit language
I will slit your throat and stick my dick in it :agreed:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) T-Mobile_Cleopatra)

Max said:
Well iI found a guy on ebay that scallops fretboards for 79 bucks im not sure if he is good at it though. The pictures look really nice but I haven't found anyone that's had work done by him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts