Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dude deserves it. Damn clean player and very unique, but subtle.

We'll lead off with my favorite tune and probably one of my favorite instrumental songs, period:

:bowdown:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Heh, I was going to mention that about the only song of his I'm really familiar with is "Drowning," but you beat me to it.

Gorgeous performance. I also have a fusion album called "Uncle Moe's Space Ranch" that he plays on which is pretty damned good, but in a very different way. :lol:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Great minds think alike. :rofl: I got that CD actually but I haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet.

Yeah, his album Big Sky is also really diverse. Kinda what I would expect from a fusion album for the most part but there's a few ballads (such as "Drifting" but also "Brothers") that kinda mix it up a bit. Another standout tune on that album is "Got The Horn":

...which is more in the vein of the rest of that CD, but it's got maybe a more 'rock' vibe to it.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I also have a fusion album called "Uncle Moe's Space Ranch" that he plays on which is pretty damned good, but in a very different way. :lol:
Yeah that's a cool album.
Garsed is amazing on Planet X's 'Quantum'. And his solo album is awesome too.
He's definitely one of my favourite players.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Heh, I was going to mention that about the only song of his I'm really familiar with is "Drowning," but you beat me to it.

Gorgeous performance. I also have a fusion album called "Uncle Moe's Space Ranch" that he plays on which is pretty damned good, but in a very different way. :lol:
Yeah, 'Uncle Moe's...' is awesome, but not really representative of his usual playing. Pretty different tonally as well, as at the time he was playing an ESP tele with a lot less gain.

Here's him with TJ Helmerich (another unique player)...

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, my only familiarity with TJ is from that concert video right there but he's got a RIDICULOUSLY unique style.

Oh, also... Google has that entire concert hosted on their site, for anybody interested. Not sure of the legalities involved but if you have DownloadHelper for Firefox, you can save the whole thing to watch on your iPod or whatever:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts