Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I love this video so much. You know it's genuine.

Any of us would die to have our heroes to do the same.
I can't imagine how Nuno felt.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
This came up as a suggested video for me a couple of weeks back, it's great. I don't know why, but I love artists (especially ones who I didn't know had any association with one another) talking/praising about other artists. There's a great little series on King's X's YT channel where one of their crew goes around getting various celebs and musos to say something nice about them, and it's just really satisfying for some reason :lol:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
^ This.

I think I've seen that vid and what shocked me is how much Ritchie Blackmore loved King's X and wanted Dug to sing in Deep Purple.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I love this video so much. You know it's genuine.

Any of us would die to have our heroes to do the same.
I can't imagine how Nuno felt.
Yeah, knowing Nuno LOVES Queen and Brian May, can you imagine how that must feel? I'd shit myself.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I love that Bryan May isn't some cranky old codger that feels music stopped evolving after him, and instead still gets excited about cool playing. You certainly never hear about Eddie Van Halen praising modern players.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Nuno Bettencourt out-shreds everyone even with his guitar hanging to his knees, and it should make us all feel bad.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nuno Bettencourt out-shreds everyone even with his guitar hanging to his knees, and it should make us all feel bad.
Also proves you don't need Paul Gilbert's ability to palm a beach ball, either.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing that drew me to this video and thus the reason why I shared it is that Brian seemed to be genuinely geeking out and came across as a fan of music.

Much like Keith Richards there just seem to be times when they are just joyous to talk about music.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I love that Bryan May isn't some cranky old codger that feels music stopped evolving after him, and instead still gets excited about cool playing. You certainly never hear about Eddie Van Halen praising modern players.
The only one I've ever seen from EVH was for Jason Becker but I believe it was also to bring awareness and raise money for him with his ALS.
But knowing Eddie, I don't think he would have done it if hadn't been a fan of him.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
That's probably because EVH is an overrated douchebag that stopped evolving after 1984.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I'm surprised he hasn't tried to bash guys like Nuno or Reb Beach for "ripping him off" or something like that.

Seriously, I love Eddie to death, but he's a huge douche and an ungrateful dick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts