Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am incredibly sick of tuna and turkey sandwiches. :lol:

Throw out some ideas on healthy/tasty lunch ideas!

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Not much more helpfull BUT I like to do wraps instead of sandwiches and add in lettuce and tomatoes and things.

Hummus is another creative tool. Chobani yogurts are quite yummy too. Get a slow cooker and make some homemade chillis. :agreed:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Yeah, I love me some Hummurs. :yesway:
:yesway:

Ditch sandwiches and wraps.

Try something different like Italian sausage and your favorite cheese, or bring some whole Greek yogurt with honey or fruit sauce for a filling snack.

The best thing is always to make some kickass dinner food and then partition it into 5 or more individual plastic containers which are ready to go for microwaving at work. Make a pot roast and eat it all week! Spend like 60 minutes cooking yourself lunch for the rest of the week.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Homemade soups can be good, too. My girlfriend makes this white bean green chicken chili and it's awesome. We usually put a few containers of it in the fridge, and it's pretty simple to heat up later.

I like wraps with hummus, tabouli, chicken, hot peppers, spinach, celery, carrots, hot sauce, and peanut sauce. You may have to take the ingredients in a container, because they may not hold up well in a wrap.

If you like hummus, you should try this: Warm Hummus a Chicken.

It works great if you make the hummus from scratch and grill the chicken, but store-bought hummus and just about any type of cooked chicken will do.

Simply just put the two together, and heat them up in a bowl. Granted, co-workers may not want to talk to you for a few hours afterwards, especially if the hummus is really garlicky.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I probably only take lunch to work a few times per month (Usually I dont eat lunch or breakfast). A lot of the people where I work eat those horrid microwaveable meals :gross: They smell like complete ass IMO

Maybe try switching up your bread, lunch meat and cheese.

Pop for some good shit like Peppered Salami (The kind I buy is like 15 bucks a pound) or prosciutto (or Speck) with a nice rye bread.

Turkey + prosciutto on rye with swiss, lettuce, tomato and mayo = WIN

When you make dinner make a bit extra and take it for lunch the next day (works best with stuff like pasta, stews and rice dishes)

Buy some hoagie rolls, get a few kinds of lunch meat, cheese and veggies and make your own subs

Make some of that killer macaroni salad.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm trying to do two things at once - cut back on sodium a bit, and obviously keep the calories down without feeling like I'm eating rabbit food.

I eat a LOT of fuckin' sodium. :( I have Mexican once a week, and Indian food probably just as often.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
You can make a really healthy chili using TVP instead of meat. Speaking of which, my neighbourhood's annual Hallowe'en Chili-Off is coming up fast... i'd better get cracking with my experiments!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Hey, that didn't kill me in college. :lol:
See what I did there? :D

Just lay off the starches for a while and mix it up. Your body doesn't like to be fed the same meal every day. Randomly skip meals. Bring peanut butter and celery and raisins like you're in kindergarten again. Just have fun with it man, and keep the portions reasonable. :yesway:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Sodium's generally not a big deal unless you're genuinely eating shitloads of it, like Ramen twice a day. :noway:
I can think of so many college ramen recipes right now, it's not even funny...

My favorite is my buddy Kicker's Spaghetti. Ramen, bologna, shit cheese, ranch, and hot sauce.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:lol: Every good college student had a minor in ramen cuisine. :agreed: I always liked the ramen, hot cherry peppers, rooster sauce + bits of chicken/turkey from the student cafe combo. :yum:

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
i bring uncrustables to school everyday because PBJ will always be awesome and im retardedly lazy in the morning to make my own food.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I'm trying to do two things at once - cut back on sodium a bit, and obviously keep the calories down without feeling like I'm eating rabbit food.

I eat a LOT of fuckin' sodium. :( I have Mexican once a week, and Indian food probably just as often.
Ahh then you will probably want to pass on other lunch meats then... they can be fairly salty

hmm you could make a nice salad (even tho you said no rabbit food) - toss in some chicken & a bit of cheese and something with a bit of kick - Blue Cheese crumbles, red onions, radish -

make a vinaigrette out of rooster sauce, very very light oil & Thai Basil, soy sauce, garlic & Lemongrass - that will kick a salad in the ass. add that to some spring mix and precooked shrimp.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts