Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here play one of those free browser based MMORPGs that typically look like A Link To The Past? If so, let me know, so I can join you. If it's a fun enough game maybe we could have a group playing?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'd be down for some Runescape. Have never played it, but checked out some dude playing it in the Apple store and it looked pretty sleek. :yesway:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Chris, I've never played Runescape either but I'll check it out tomorrow, it might be fun to engage in epic battle with forum mates.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Kinda. I have a bunch of buddies from EQ and WoW that I still talk to, and reactivate my WoW account in the winter, mostly just to shoot the shit and fart around online with them. Definitely played too much at one point though. :lol: After all that wizard, dragon and fireball shit, it's nice to play MW2 and have a motherfucking machine gun for a change. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Kinda. I have a bunch of buddies from EQ and WoW that I still talk to, and reactivate my WoW account in the winter, mostly just to shoot the shit and fart around online with them. Definitely played too much at one point though. :lol: After all that wizard, dragon and fireball shit, it's nice to play MW2 and have a motherfucking machine gun for a change. :D
You're getting better too... you're about 300k ahead of me in the rankings now after being behind like 500k a few days ago :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I've been having loads of fun with the riot shield :lol:

It does not do wonders for the k/d ratio, but listening to people scream in frustration is so utterly worth it.

And fuck the statistics anyways, I play this game for fun. :yesway: Bashing people to death with a five foot piece of Lexan while grenades, rockets, and bullets bounce harmlessly off is just so satisfying, especially since the Commando perk lets you lunge forward like 15 feet to do it.

Matter of fact, I think my highest ever killstreak was with the riot shield... brought in an 11-kill Pave Low with it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
MW2 is supposed to be good on XB360, but suck on PC, which is what I primarily use. I just got L4D2 today; katana to zombie action FTW!

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
I'd be down for some Runescape. Have never played it, but checked out some dude playing it in the Apple store and it looked pretty sleek. :yesway:
The guys who created Runescape - Jagex, I think - came to my university during my first year there to give presentations about gap year placements. Very motivational. Of course, that's not important to playing their game. I have to admit, it does look interesting.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
The guys who created Runescape - Jagex, I think - came to my university during my first year there to give presentations about gap year placements. Very motivational. Of course, that's not important to playing their game. I have to admit, it does look interesting.
:rofl:

I just applied for a job with them :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Runescape looks pretty sweet from the screenshots, what I worry about is how much bandwidth it uses since I have a 5GB limit per month :(

I wouldn't be able to join in the fun too much.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
The only person that cares about that shit is you. :lol:
I know, its horrible. I just get really angry when I get below 2.0 and I'm sitting at 1.36 so I'm really angry all the time for no reason. Its horrible :lol:

I agree with josh though, the riot shield is hella fun! Especially when you play on that airport level and rush the plane with it because its so narrow they cant run and you always kill them :lol:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I'm probably the biggest MMO nerd on the boards but I have yet to find a browser based one that I can really get into.

I would recommend Dungeons and Dragons online - its free now and the gameplay is pretty decent actually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts