Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bruce Dickinson was declared an honorary citizen in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday (April 6).

The IRON MAIDEN singer was presented the award for his visit during the city's wartime siege and the concert he performed with his solo band in December 1994.

Sarajevo Mayor Abdulah Skaka presented the award at city hall. He said that Dickinson's presence in Sarajevo in 1994 "was one of those moments when we in Sarajevo realized we will survive."

We can barely hear Bruce since the Dubbed voice is too loud. Im kinda surprised to see Bruce with a Beard :D

Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson Presented With 'Honorary Citizen Of Sarajevo' Award (Video) - Blabbermouth.net

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
A few years ago I toured with Bruce's bassist Chris as a tech, he told me all about his experiences there and how he felt about it afterwards. Top guy and had some very interesting stuff to tell.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
A few years ago I toured with Bruce's bassist Chris as a tech, he told me all about his experiences there and how he felt about it afterwards. Top guy and had some very interesting stuff to tell.
Tell us a tale! Please & thank you. :)

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Bruce Dickinson was declared an honorary citizen in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday (April 6).

The IRON MAIDEN singer was presented the award for his visit during the city's wartime siege and the concert he performed with his solo band in December 1994.

Sarajevo Mayor Abdulah Skaka presented the award at city hall. He said that Dickinson's presence in Sarajevo in 1994 "was one of those moments when we in Sarajevo realized we will survive."

We can barely hear Bruce since the Dubbed voice is too loud. Im kinda surprised to see Bruce with a Beard :D

Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson Presented With 'Honorary Citizen Of Sarajevo' Award (Video) - Blabbermouth.net
He had a beard back in the "No Prayer For The Dying" era too

But now he's all gray

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Tell us a tale! Please & thank you.
A few different things that I remember. He was talking about how guilty that he felt that they had a rider when the local crew hadn't eaten in days, he gave them most of his food because he felt that he could easily miss a meal or two.

He was also telling me about arriving to a venue and the UN guys with him said 'don't go past that building over there'. There was a sniper line up on the hill and past that building was when you were in range.

He wrote a blog about it which you can check out here: http://metaltalk.net/columns/20100821.php

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He had a beard back in the "No Prayer For The Dying" era too

But now he's all gray
I saw Maiden on that Tour and he didn't had the beard, in fact the only Maiden show I didn't stay until the end but because my GF at the time wasn't feeling well and we went outside two songs before the end. The show was being shit so I didn't lost that much anyway :D

He wrote a blog about it which you can check out here: Chris Dale's Metal Meltdown: Scream For Me Sarajevo Part 1
Thanks for the link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts