Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I hope someone gets this into the bands hands so they can read Garrett's posts.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
As soon as this state finally accepts "iron maiden " officially as religion (edward the great knows that i filled this into forms more often than not), Garret will be high priest.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
. Grown men openly weep at Maiden concerts. I've cried seeing Iron Maiden. There are fans willing to die for Iron Maiden, unquestionably. Iron Maiden is the highest level any human artistic endeavor can achieve.
:agreed:

I got into Maiden through my uncle, who fucking loves them. Steve Harris is his idol - he's been playing bass since high school because of him, has the signature bass, the whole nine. When they played Radio City five nights in a row on the World Slavery tour, he went to all five nights. He brought me to see Maiden, Dio and Motorhead at MSG, which was my first metal show.

I saw them I think two more times through high school and college, but they never played Aces High, which is my favorite Maiden song not titled Hallowed Be Thy Name (side note: re-evaluate your life if Hallowed isn't your favorite Maiden song). Anyway, then they did that recreation of the Powerslave tour, and my uncle got us tickets for my birthday, again at MSG. We get there, settle in, and wait for the show to start.

The lights go down, everybody starts cheering, then we hear Winston Churchill over the PA, accompanied by grainy WWII footage. I lost. My. Shit. I could have gone home after that song and it would have been the greatest concert I've ever seen. I was so fucking amped I think I hit That Note (you know the one) while singing along. It was fucking magestic. The fact that Maiden proceeded to play an entire set after that and lay waste to the Garden in the process was just icing.

I don't really care for any of the albums after Brave New World (except Paschendale. That song fucking slays), but it doesn't even matter. Maiden is the best fucking band there is, and that's that.

Edit: Also I just remembered that the stage lost power in the middle of Powerslave at that show. All of a sudden you couldn't hear anything except the drums. The band stopped, the crew set about sorting it out. Then Bruce came out with a soccer ball and they got a 3v3 game going onstage until the issue was fixed. :lol:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I may not be the biggest Iron Maiden fan on here, but one of my first cassettes was Piece of Mind, and the first two CD's I officially owned were Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien and Iron Maiden's Somewhere in Time.

I hope everything works out, because they are undeniably a huge influence in the rock/metal world. Well, that and I just never really wish anything bad on anybody.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have seen them 4 times.

1) outdoor venue where the focused on the first 4 albums

2) arena where they were promoting their new album at the time

3) arean where it was a greatest hits I swear it was used for the Flight 666 DVD but I can't be certain...... was off to the side and could actually see backstage..... Bruce would lean over some sort of bowl with a towel over his head between songs or during solos

4) outdoor venue where 7th son was the focus

Cool thing about the shows is that most bands of their age would just give you their greatest hits package but these last 4 tours (I might have missed one) were very different experiences

Also, it's cool to see young metal head kids because that was me in the early 90s.

On that topic here's a vid the 11 year old girl is good but not great but here ya go evidence that some kids still like to rock out

21 - 31 of 31 Posts