1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes,

Here's a new guitar tone I've been messing with today:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/790683/S00per-br00tz.mp3

I used my custom Dæmoness 7-string, with its Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell in the bridge. The amp tones are provided by my Axe-FX Ultra.
For drums I'm running Superior 2.0, with the Metal Foundry kit providing the majority of the sound. The snare is from the regular Avatar kit.

Hope you enjoy!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
With a name like Sooper-brootz, how can it be bad? :lol:

Even through my laptop speakers this sounds very fucking professional dude. If you don't mind, what does your Axe-Fx patch look like?

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hah thanks guys :)

The patch is kinda simple really - TS9 mod block driving both a "Das Metall" and "New Recto", which both run through the same cab - the stock Metal 4x12. There's a graphic EQ in between the amps and cab, and I've done some post-EQing in the DAW too to help sit it in mix.

·
Registered
374 Posts
awesome :yesway: really digging the mix

i haven't messed with using two amps in parallel with the axefx yet, but this certainly make it sound promising

·
abides
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks dudes!

loktide: It's funny, when I first got my axe-fx I used dual amps for almost all of my tones. After a while I realised that alot of the tones I was getting could easily be achieved with just one amp with twin cabs or just one cab and more tweaking.
This is the first dual amp patch I've done in a while, but this time I knew what characteristics I wanted from each amp etc so the process was far smoother.

·
Guitarist/The Purge
846 Posts
Jesus Christ that's heavy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts