Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after a long absence in my music rotation, I threw on Giant Robot, and am still floored by how great it is. I looked up his website, and found a weird message...

Welcome to Bucketheadland

It would appear as though he's not in the best of health right now. Here's a summary from his wiki page:

2010: Break for Illness

On February 5, 2010 Buckethead released an album called Shadows Between the Sky and later that month, Gibson released the Buckethead Signature Les Paul.

On April 29, 2010, Buckethead's website was updated[37] with a picture with the message "Greetings from Bucketheadland... Buckethead wants you to know he appreciates your support all these years, it means so much to him. Buckethead is having some animatronic parts replaced, Slip Disc snuck into the park and caused some mayhem." The reference to Slip Disc is a reference to a Bucketheadland nemesis found on the Bucketheadland album.

In May, the funk bassist Bootsy Collins tweeted some updates[38] on Buckethead's situation along with answering a couple questions some fans had regarding the downtime. The messages are, "Okay funkateer's I Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my best friend Buckethead, say a prayer for his speedy recovery, he's doing better!" Along with, "Been going though some skeletorial Pain that has set him back a few notches but with yalls support he will bounce back." And finally, "The Road will beat you down even when you take care of your self, Pain thoughout his body, Doc don't know yet what it is!".

Regarding Buckethead's recovery, Collins later tweeted: "Yeah Bucketbots! I talked to Buckethead today he wants to thank everybody for the prayers, hope in 3 wks he be in "Boot-Cave"". Then, on June 7, 2010 Collins tweeted yet another update about Buckethead's current condition via his Twitter account "Got message from Buckethead, he's doing much better, he said he miss everybody's Slaugther-House but he will be back from Bucketland". On June 11th Bootsy tweeted "Patti Just spoke with Buckethead he is up and playing his guitar,I think Bucket pushed himself too hard on our last attempt.Prayers are working."

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
sounds like a slipped disc, painful as fuck. I've had it and I can imagine wearing a heavy guitar, being tall and standing a lot doing gigs doesn't help

·
swan dive
174 Posts
sounds like a slipped disc, painful as fuck. I've had it and I can imagine wearing a heavy guitar, being tall and standing a lot doing gigs doesn't help
Yeah, being about his height, I can completely understand. I'm sure back surgery is in my future as well :scream:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He's not that tall. I'd say he's maybe 5'10~11". I'm 5'11", and when I met him, he was eye level.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The bucket adds height. As does being on stage. And those yellow rain slickers probably add to the illusion as well :lol:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Some of his runs where he hooks together two or three different positions of a scale, ascending up the neck (if that makes sense) always looked excruciatingly "stretchy" and I figured "Ah, fuck it... the guy's got giant mitts since he's so tall"

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty insane how far he can stretch, considering he doesn't even wear his guitar that high and plays a 25.5 inch scale guitar.
For example, those big stretches in Nottingham Lace, I have to have my guitar virtually strapped all the way up to my neck to be able to do that:lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts