Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
He plays here next week, and I think a few of us are going to see him.

I've seen him twice, and here's my two cents: Live with a band he was phenomenal, and it was just a great all around show. Live with his iPod just had a different feel, but some of the tunes "sounded" better if that makes sense. It just didn't have a live show feel to it for some reason.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I saw him on his last tour, just him and his iPod, and it was phenomenal. I went to see Buckethead though, not Buckethead+backing band, so I wasn't upset. I loved the nunchuck part, and the toy exchange, the whole show was just so fun.

I'm pretty annoyed there are no TX dates, because I'd absolutely go see him again.

I also saw him at Ozzfest 99 when he was playing with Primus.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
He plays here next week, and I think a few of us are going to see him.

I've seen him twice, and here's my two cents: Live with a band he was phenomenal, and it was just a great all around show. Live with his iPod just had a different feel, but some of the tunes "sounded" better if that makes sense. It just didn't have a live show feel to it for some reason.
I saw him on his last tour, just him and his iPod, and it was phenomenal. I went to see Buckethead though, not Buckethead+backing band, so I wasn't upset. I loved the nunchuck part, and the toy exchange, the whole show was just so fun.
Yeah, I miss the vibe he had with other folks on stage, but I suppose that's just more mouths to feed, and since he seems perfectly comfortable jamming along to a track...

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
...Also, I caught him in Detroit last month, and it was pretty awesome. Again, he was playing to tracks all night, but it seems like he might feel a bit freer to do whatever the hell he wants to do when he's the only person doing anything on stage :lol:

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
The dude is a monster player... wish he would give up the whole shtick already.
I feel the exact same way. It's just odd. However, for all these years it's fairly awesome he's been able to keep his identity concealed with the exception of the picture when he was 18.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I feel the exact same way. It's just odd. However, for all these years it's fairly awesome he's been able to keep his identity concealed with the exception of the picture when he was 18.
I guess there's something to be said about achieving his level of celebrity yet being able to walk out in a random crowd of people and not be bothered. I respect the shit out of that, however I'd like to see some clinics or at least an interview with the real guy and not the character.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
The character doesn't bother me because I find it pretty entertaining. I think it also gives him room to do whatever the hell he wants and no one is going to think anything odd of it because it's 'Buckethead'.

I remember before I saw him in '98, there were two kids in line that were talking about him, "I heard he drew a dragon on the guitar and made a scale around the drawing and only plays those notes.".....that kind of stuff helped get him to where he is, people dig that mysterious shit.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
I guess there's something to be said about achieving his level of celebrity yet being able to walk out in a random crowd of people and not be bothered. I respect the shit out of that, however I'd like to see some clinics or at least an interview with the real guy and not the character.
Oh yeah. I am sure it is quite comfortable and etc.

However, to me it's just weird when he comes out on stage with Guns N' Roses and he is still in that get up.
Like you said, I would love to hear and see a real interview with him on sitting under Paul Gilbert and how he became the musician he is. Because all the interviews are those weird characters as puppet heads... I can't stand it. They look awful. :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.