Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, my Holy Grail reverb shit out and I need a replacement.

I previously tried a TCE HOF and it turned out that my amp doesn't get along with 'true bypass' pedals. The Holy Grail sounded great, I like that it was stupid simple but the fact it failed tells me now's not a bad time to look at my other options. I don't need any advanced controls, this is literally just filling in for the fact my amp doesn't have a built in reverb.

Ideas?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Maybe pickup one of those small buffer-only pedals to buffer your FX loop? That will widen your search to anything.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Maybe pickup one of those small buffer-only pedals to buffer your FX loop? That will widen your search to anything.
Yeah, the Mesa Stowaway buffer is really good, and tiny. Otherwise, the Boss RV-6 is great, and that's buffered. I'd take that over a HoF anyway.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Does the HOF have a "buffered bypass" switch?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the HOF have a "buffered bypass" switch?
I believe so. I originally had the mini, which doesn't. I'm not opposed to a full-sized, but the thing I hated about the mini was that I spent three days debugging it because of the fucking tone print before I figured out it sounded so fucked up because of the true bypass.

I'll look into that and the Boss first. Thanks :yesway:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fucked around with the Holy Grail some and got it working-ish. Seems to work when I unplug other stuff from my power brick, so I think I've narrowed it down to either the brick itself (cheap Amazon model) or the power supply to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts