Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time since I've had buffalo but damn, I swear those tasty bastards have some sort of seasoning coursing through their veins! :yum:
I didn't put anything on it. Just slapped it in the oven and broiled it.

Was at the local Fred Myer yesterday and saw they have a whole cooler full of it now. So I stocked up on some. Not too bad of a price either. About $9 a pound.

Until I buy a new bbq I've just been broiling it in the oven but it's still damn good. :agreed: Cannot wait to try some on a grill. :yesway: And it's way lean. I could cut it with a butter knife if I wanted!

Didn't get any pics of it cooked cause broiled, it's kinda boring looking and I was in too much of a hurry to eat it. :lol: But here's a pic of the one I'm planning on having as a midnight snack tonight. :lol:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I need to try some. There's a buffalo ranch about 10-15 miles away, right along the interstate. There's huge billboards advertising what stuff they sell & the wife and I always say we should try some.

But I'm confused - the label says "Raised on a 100% vegetarian diet". What else would buffalo eat except for grass/hay, soybean extracts, corn, etc.?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Buffalo IS awesome. There's a place up the road from me (Savenor's, I guess it was Julia Child's go to butcher so it's well known outside of the area) that has really choice free range beef, buffalo, and beefalo steaks fairly often, and I've been meaning to get in there to pick up a nice thick cut steak to throw on the grill. :yesway:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I need to try some. There's a buffalo ranch about 10-15 miles away, right along the interstate. There's huge billboards advertising what stuff they sell & the wife and I always say we should try some.

But I'm confused - the label says "Raised on a 100% vegetarian diet". What else would buffalo eat except for grass/hay, soybean extracts, corn, etc.?
Ground bonemeal of other animals. Eating other ground dried cows and cowbones was the cause of the rapid spread of mad cow years ago.

Buffalo IS awesome. There's a place up the road from me (Savenor's, I guess it was Julia Child's go to butcher so it's well known outside of the area) that has really choice free range beef, buffalo, and beefalo steaks fairly often, and I've been meaning to get in there to pick up a nice thick cut steak to throw on the grill. :yesway:
I hate that you're close to Savenors. I really fucking do.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I love buffalo. It's been on the short list here lately, but the weather for grilling has not been cooperative.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I love the steaks, and ground buffalo has supplanted ground beef here for everything. Tastes better and is better for you!

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
Ground bonemeal of other animals. Eating other ground dried cows and cowbones was the cause of the rapid spread of mad cow years ago.
I was thinking something along those lines - esp. w/the Mad Cow disease. That's why I didn't think anybody fed that anymore.

I've been off the farm so long that I don't know what "current" farmers feed animals. I know we didn't feed any of that stuff to our dairy cows way back in the day.

But back on topic - I've got to stop & get some buffalo someday. Maybe some jerky?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I hate that you're close to Savenors. I really fucking do.
And when I say "close" I mean "less than a half mile." :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Buffalo, wild boar, venison, and elk all make awesome burgers.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts