Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I've decided it's finally time (after 4 years) to build a new gaming computer. I have a decent (not the best, but good enough) graphics card, and will be adding the rest of the tower to it. Here's the specs/parts I picked out (all in stock at a store located 15 mins walk from me).

My graphics card is a GeForce 9800GT - 512 GDDR3. Like I said, not hte best, and a little outdated, but it works decent. My current motherboard is still using PCI-Express 1.0, and thus bottlenecks my GPU performance.

All told it should run me about $860 after taxes. which is $10 over my budget, so that's not too bad. Does anyone see anything that's catastrophically wrong with this setup?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I think a 2TB hard drive is kind-of overkill for a gaming PC, but for $79 bucks it's no big deal.

I've got an AMD Phenon Quad Core in mine, and I have no problems, so you're okay there.

RAM may be a little overkill too for a gaming PC... I can pretty much get along with any new game with 4 gigs on 32-bit. I guess this may be a different story if you're running 64-bit.

The most important thing I've noticed with gaming boxes are the graphics cards. I mean, you can really try to upgrade all of the rest, but the graphics card is really the meat of a gaming PC in my opinion.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Don't get the green, it's a weird rotational speed disk, get a fixed 7200RPM one.

Also get a better case, $150 for that is a joke, get a $50 one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts