Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, again all the pertinent info is in the description but I'll copy it here for you:

Everyone knows I love the crap out of my Zilla cab because it rules. But I was really taken aback by how awesome the Blackstar HT-5R sounds and wanted to show off just why I love it in a quick video.

Just messing around on some chords, but I was trying to show off how musical and detailed the midrange is and how clear the notes come out in the chords. I find that it is usually the pricier amps that tend to have those qualities. It is nice and purry, and has great attack too. Keep in mind this is just straight to the amp, no pedals or effects and the mic on my Canon 60D is what is picking the sound up, so it's not a pro miking job at work.

The guitar is an Ibanez RG3120 with a Crunchlab/Liquifire set and is tuned to Drop C.

The amp settings are:
ISF: 5.5
Treble: 6.5
Middle: 6
Bass: 8
Gain: 5
Reverb: 0

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
I plugged one of those little guys into a Mesa cab at GC once. They can move some serious air. I dialed it in a little differently though ;)

Hows that baby Egnater for metalish stuff? Whip me up a quick something something to the tune of redonk metalz?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

I've been touting these things for years now. And Bulb will launch a thousand sales.

·
The Beard
448 Posts
Had one myself, but ended up selling it as it wasn't seeing enough use. Good unit!

Also, this video is also testament to how the tone is mainly in the player's paws, not the kit doing the colouring (essential as it may be, evidently). Err.. I mean... OHAI MISHA UR NOT THE BEST OR EVEN DA FASTEST PLAYR IN DA WURLD. I still go back to the Formspring video from time to time - it's too good! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts