Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I wrote all the useful info in the description but for you lazy folk I'll just copy it here:

People have been asking me for videos of my Strandberg and Zilla 2x12 Cab as well as for a MAKE TOTAL DESTROY playalong, so I figured I might as well kill all those birds with one stone!

It is admittedly not the tightest take ever, so I apologize in advance for the flubs here and there, and they are a bit more audible than you might expect because I wanted the recorded sound to be fairly loud as opposed to the backing so you could actually get a sense of the whole rig.

The Zilla is a 2x12 custom with some pretty cool features. The V30 speakers are rear loaded, but the front grille is removable like on a front loaded cab, this way you get the versatility of recording, whilst still having the tighter and more focused sound of the rear loaded speakers. Also it has a Neutrik jack which everyone loves of course and it is BLUE AS ALL HELL which makes it the winniest thing evar!

The Strandberg has a lightweight Ash body, Figured Claro Walnut top, Maple neck and Birdseye maple Fretboard with 24 Stainless steel frets. The scale is 24.75"-25.75" and the neutral point is around the 5th-6th fret I believe. It has the first angled BKP Aftermath set that Tim kindly made for me so that the fan wouldn't affect the relationship of the distance between the pole pieces and the bridge.

The EVH 5150 III is stock because it doesn't need anything to sound amazing other than an incredible cab to pair it with. With the Zilla this thing sounds as huge as a 4x12 and leaves absolutely no flub in the low end.

No pedals/effects or anything for this vid.

Enjoy!

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you using the EVH live these days then man?
Nah, not a chance. The axefx is just the most consistent, road ready and best sounding rig we have ever used live, I don't think any of us could just go back to amps again haha.

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That EVH sounds badass man! That take didn't sound that bad to me ;)
Haha thanks dude, just some sloppy stuff here and there, was running out of light though so this was the best I could do...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Nah, not a chance. The axefx is just the most consistent, road ready and best sounding rig we have ever used live, I don't think any of us could just go back to amps again haha.
This is why we're pals. :wub:

Sounds great man. I can totally play that too. Lefty.

Totally unrelated: That's a great looking practice spot you have there. Tons of light = win. As a guy that has a dark as fuck music room, I'm jealous as hell.

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is why we're pals. :wub:

Sounds great man. I can totally play that too. Lefty.

Totally unrelated: That's a great looking practice spot you have there. Tons of light = win. As a guy that has a dark as fuck music room, I'm jealous as hell.
I am at my girlfriend's, its a little nook in her bedroom, you can actually see the bed's duvet on the right side, but yeah its sweet and she has kindly let me bring a bunch of my gear here on the condition that she can play it too haha.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I am at my girlfriend's, its a little nook in her bedroom, you can actually see the bed's duvet on the right side, but yeah its sweet and she has kindly let me bring a bunch of my gear here on the condition that she can play it too haha.
Oh yeah that's right, even your girlfriend is a better sweep picker than I am. Way to live the dream, sir. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Cool stuff as usual, man. And I'm not sure who's luckier, you or your girlfriend. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
I knew I recognized that bed/duvet! >____>

:lol:

·
getting schwifty
1,285 Posts
so jelly.
so very jelly.

i approve of lovely blue
that adorns your 2x12. would be nice
to see a new custom guitar in that
color.
:yesway:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I do like me some zilla goodness in my ears. Might have to get one of these magic boxes soon...
This. More & more I've been thinking this, especially as the prices are so good from Zilla and they're built right here on our doorstep. :yesway:

Which cab is that Bulb? Is it based on the Fatboy or is it just a custom through & through?

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
This. More & more I've been thinking this, especially as the prices are so good from Zilla and they're built right here on our doorstep. :yesway:

Which cab is that Bulb? Is it based on the Fatboy or is it just a custom through & through?
The Zillas are awesome. Everything just sounds massive with them. Highly recommended, I love mine, as does my bandmate (he has a Super Fatboy, I have the Fatboy), Ant/BlankPlank is pretty much a salesman for them nowadays, and James loved his before he sold it to me.

In other words, they are bloody amazing.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The Zillas are awesome. Everything just sounds massive with them. Highly recommended, I love mine, as does my bandmate (he has a Super Fatboy, I have the Fatboy), Ant/BlankPlank is pretty much a salesman for them nowadays, and James loved his before he sold it to me.

In other words, they are bloody amazing.
Looks like a Zilla might arrive sooner rather than later then. I've not read or heard a bad word about them. I better get speccing and pricing one up! :yesway:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
What an awful, awful man you have become.
Given the Kemper a bash yet?

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
That is a pretty awesome-looking jam room. :yesway: I like the design on that new guitar. Reminds me of a Steinberger.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts