Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What an awful, awful man you have become.
Given the Kemper a bash yet?
I haven't but a few people who I trust when it comes to tone said it was pretty cool for the studio, but not a game changer or anything like that.

Additionally, they apparently are not reliable at all on the road. Wes (Hauch) had one on the first tour he did with the Faceless and said it kept fucking up and he kept on having to reboot it mid set and apparently it takes a solid minute for the thing to reset/start up which is horrible. He has an AxefxII now and loves it haha.

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This. More & more I've been thinking this, especially as the prices are so good from Zilla and they're built right here on our doorstep. :yesway:

Which cab is that Bulb? Is it based on the Fatboy or is it just a custom through & through?
It is a Fatboy, it just has the removable grille even though the speakers are rear loaded which was something Paul thought would be useful for when I mic it up! He also worked with me on the color when I said I wanted baby blue with white hardware. It is the best looking/sounding cab I have owned yet!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I haven't but a few people who I trust when it comes to tone said it was pretty cool for the studio, but not a game changer or anything like that.

Additionally, they apparently are not reliable at all on the road. Wes (Hauch) had one on the first tour he did with the Faceless and said it kept fucking up and he kept on having to reboot it mid set and apparently it takes a solid minute for the thing to reset/start up which is horrible. He has an AxefxII now and loves it haha.
Not to turn it into a KPA derail (so everyone else, please don't) but Clark Kent did a video showing that aspect of the KPA. I'm sure they'll clean it up down the road but it does take a crazy long time to boot.

This video here.

·
Guitar noob
2,202 Posts

Definitely no game changer, just another product. And yeah if the Kemper fails it has to reboot. It's a long minute for sure!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts