Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Bulletstorm

6K views 55 replies 19 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
#32 ·
My strategy exactly too. Amazon.com I believe has it for full price plus they give you a $20 gift card right now.

Plus, whipping an enemy towards you, kicking them in mid-air, catching them with the whip, whipping them toward you and then blowing their head off with a shotgun is well.... :agreed:
Once again, not to quote myself, but this is why I'm getting the game.

#35 ·
From Vince's link,

"I've come to a conclusion: Bulletstorm wasn't so much developed as it was raised on human growth hormones and taught the English language by a group of sailors and truck drivers. It was also shown every '80s action and sci-fi movie ever made about a dozen times, given a bottle of whiskey, handed a gun and instructed to shoot anything that moves. "

:lol:

#37 ·
Game is pretty fun. Juvenile as hell, I love it. :lol:

Actual dialog:

Damsel in distress: You motherfuckers give chase, and I'll kill your dicks!
You: What? What does that even mean? You're gonna kill my dick?
You: ...
You: I'll kill your dick too! How about that, huh?
Your partner: Speaking of dick killing parties..
:lol:

#41 ·
I'd say that's pretty spot on. I'm intentionally not using the online activation code to make it easier to eBay. There are a ton of good, juvenile chuckles in it, and the combat is a lot of fun but I don't see it having much/any replay value.

#42 ·
I'm about another 2 hours into it from my last post, and I actually my do a second PT on it. The dialog makes this game. I know some critics will pan it for it, but I know that 3/4 of the memberbase here (especially you, Vince) will love it. :lol:

For example, I just hopped into a helicopter, and my character says to the guy he's shooting: "Take a lick on the salty taint of doom". :lol:

#45 ·
Seriously. :lol: I've actually laughed out loud like two dozen times so far. I just got to part where some enemies are running away, and the dude with you says "Oh, your mother must be giving out mouthjobs".

I don't care if it's 13-year old humor, I think it's fuckin' great. :D

Edit: And the same character just called Ishi and I "Shit Whistlers". :rofl:

#47 ·
Got it Tuesday (Amazon was running a preorder deal last week where it came with a $20 game credit so I figured for $40 why not?), beat it already. :( The campaign was pretty entertaining, the dialogue makes the game for sure! :rofl: Some of the skill kills get repetitive though, wish there was a little more variety with the weapons too. Anyone tried multiplayer yet? I tried to connect to a match and basically just sat in the lobby for 25 minutes before I gave up. :rant:

#48 ·
Finished it. :yesway:

Great game, not the best FPS I've played but it's certainly a lot of fun. The dialog totally makes it - it's kind of like the A-Team movie. Cheesy, yes, but hilarious, and just a good time to play through.

It is, however, a bit on the short side. When I got to the last chapter and realized that the story was coming to and end, I felt like I should be at about the halfway point, maybe a little further.

Still - worth buying once it hits the $30 mark, absolutely. You could probably rent it and smoke through it in a weekend as well. I don't care about the online part, so I can't comment on it, but the rest - the combat system, the graphics, the gameplay and the story are damn good. With a few improvements, I think that if they make a sequel it'll be a hell of a game.

#51 ·
Ok so I spent $31 on it today :lol:

I'm not much into FPS games, but this one is a blast. I love it. I've only played a little bit of it, but it's a lot of fun. I did get kinda frustrated at the long, drawn-out intro, but the game is a ton of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.