Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...How the hell could this movie be made?

No matter the endless onslaught of terrible horror movies, I always have to wonder how things like this one get made. Just reading the plot setup made me laugh uncontrollably. Someone at some point read this script and said: "hey this is awesome! I'm totally going to commit money to producing this and marketing it because everyone's going to want to see it!" Ok probably not much in marketing, but still.

PLOT (no joke): Kelly feels her life is unraveling. Her mother's death has left her as the guardian of her autistic 12-year-old brother, Tom, and she's just learned her stepfather pilfered her college fund to buy a tiger for his safari park (pure genius). To make matters worse, a hurricane is cutting a swath of destruction toward her home. But Kelly has something greater to fear than the hurricane's 120-mile-per-hour winds - the savage tiger has somehow slipped inside her house. Now, trapped inside their boarded-up home, Kelly and Tom must fight for their lives against a deadly man-eater who smells their fear…and wants their flesh.

William Blake is rolling over in his grave.

I'll admit the idea of seeing a tiger stalk people in an old house is pretty awesome. But I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the execution is less than special. Not to mention the hardcore PG-13 rating has me pretty enthused.

Here's the trailer if anyone cares:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Touché. I think I find the circumstances the protagonist is in prior to the plot the most upsetting though. Like there's all kinds of hardships a teenager could go through, but they wanted to be original so they picked "stepdad uses college money to buy tiger." At least with Death Bed you know what you're getting into. Burning Bright tries to get you to care about the character. In my opinion, B movies are failures when they try to be anything but a B movie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.