Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's a very astute observation, imaginary person I made up for this thread! However, thanks to Dr. Zero and his lab-ora-tory, Such an inconceivable design has been created!

I call it the V-75 Deluxe.

Neck is from a Charvel 375 Deluxe
Body (And Truss rod cover!) is a Jackson King V Standard. Early 90's, Poplar.
EMG 81 Neck
EMG 85 Bridge
Schaller Floyd rose (and studs)

It took a while for me to cobble this together because, to th best of my knowledge, the King V Standard was/is the only 22-fret bolt-on KV jackson ever produced, and it had to be black. If only the neck had a Reverse Headstock...

Enough talk!

Next to his big brother, the Agile Death Machine!

The whole gang's here now!

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I will quibble with your post title, though - I've seen a symmetrical Charvel V with a maple board. Of course, it was a roundhorn, but... ;)

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I love it. I think it looks reeeally nice. And i'm not even a fan of gold hardware... It's probably the Charvel neck and headstock. :lol:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No such thing as too much gold, my good man!

I was playing a PRS SE Torero today at sam ash, and thought to myself, "This might be the first guitar I've ever liked with Chrome hardware!" and about 5 minutes later, "Well, the chrome isn't bad, but what it really needs is..." etc.

I'd never put gold on any guitar that wasn't black, Red, or Blue. And seeing as how I'll probably never own a red or a blue guitar...

I am restoring an old Rhoads EX that's gonna have black hardware when it's done, if it makes you feel any better :lol:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will quibble with your post title, though - I've seen a symmetrical Charvel V with a maple board. Of course, it was a roundhorn, but... ;)
I didn't have room to put "pointy" in the title. I was fairly sure that someone had posted a roundhorn charvel V with a maple board on this forum at one point or another. I don't really like Pointy Vs with round headstocks, and vice versa. KK Downing's KXK looks REALLY weird to me for that reason.

...A Rhoads with a fender headstock is the only exception I'd be willing to make, because Kai Hansen could be associated with that.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I didn't have room to put "pointy" in the title. I was fairly sure that someone had posted a roundhorn charvel V with a maple board on this forum at one point or another. I don't really like Pointy Vs with round headstocks, and vice versa. KK Downing's KXK looks REALLY weird to me for that reason.
KK's doesn't come to anywhere near the thin points a KV has, but I get where you're coming from. I ordered a reverse inline on my V7 specifically because Rob didn't have a pointy 3+4 yet.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)darren:phone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

That looks fantastic.

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
GTFO my internets with your fucking sick as shit Amalgam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts