Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That rug cost more than two of the guitars in the picture. My grandparents' multi millionaire (loaded tort lawyer) neighbors in Teton County bought it at some charity auction to support starving, blind Tibetan child monks or some shit and gave it to my Mom for Christmas. It's made out of Yak hair and it sheds like a dog. My mom didn't want it in the house so she gave it to me.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I dig the two on the outside, man. Also, what's your avatar?

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dig the two on the outside, man. Also, what's your avatar?
Two on the outside are two of my absolute favorite my stone cold #1, A 1990 AT Pro TOM, it's been my #1 since I got it and that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon. I've bought/played a bunch more guitars since, many more expensive, and it is still tops. Nothing fits be better. Far Left is a 1993 Stealth Pro that is probably the best sounding guitar I own.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
You need to be more conscientious about doing NGD threads. That's a lot of guitar goodness in one picture. I had a 650xl years ago. Still the lowest action on any guitar I've ever owned, but unfortunately it was a dog tonally.

What's the story on that BC Rich?

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You need to be more conscientious about doing NGD threads. That's a lot of guitar goodness in one picture. I had a 650xl years ago. Still the lowest action on any guitar I've ever owned, but unfortunately it was a dog tonally.

What's the story on that BC Rich?
Oh man, I haven't done a NGD in forever.

The BC Rich is from some series called the "Elite Series". Seller advertised it as 1990, but research seems to show 84-86 is more likely. The series was a hybrid MIJ/MIA effort. Amazing guitar, in my top 3 for sure. It's the short BC Rich scale, which plays amazing. Neck carve is very Jackson-esque. Kahler, obviously. NT.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, I forgot what BCR calls that headstock, but it's the best one they do. If the guitar had a matching stock instead of a rosewood veneer it would be 100% perfect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts