Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Fuck the haters dude, I'm glad you dig it. :yesway: Tune it low and forge much metal.

:windmill:

·
Do you even Djent?
322 Posts
I respect ur decision and its cool ur happy with it, I just can't believe u put so much money into a Chinese replica, I feel like you could have gotten a nicer guitar altogether

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Fuck the haters dude, I'm glad you dig it. :yesway: Tune it low and forge much metal.

:windmill:
(That could be the coolest GIF ever...)

It's tuned to C# and sounds pretty fucking good!

And thanks!

Now the tuning lineup is F# (Agile AB3500 baritone) A (LTD MHB400 #1) B (LTD MHB400 #2) C# (Eclipse replica) and E (Jackson DK2S Sustainiac)

I respect ur decision and its cool ur happy with it, I just can't believe u put so much money into a Chinese replica, I feel like you could have gotten a nicer guitar altogether
I totally understand. I'm kind of out of my mind though, and don't always do the smartest stuff. In this case, I'm glad it worked out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think you put your bridge on backwards.

Edit: How is the intonation on this creature?

...great pics, awesome series of posts altogether. Avoiding the moral side of the argument, I enjoyed the review, details, and pics you provided!

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The quality looks higher on that one than on the Chinese knock-offs I've seen in person. The Gibson knock-offs I've seen have been comically bad.

Frankly, that looks like a 400-series LTD that's had the logo replaced. For all we know, it could be off-books stuff by the actual plant that makes LTDs for ESP. The contours look 100-percent correct, which you don't see on most knock-offs.

I'd probably want the fret ends to be filed a little nicer than that, but that's also a problem with real LTDs.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The quality looks higher on that one than on the Chinese knock-offs I've seen in person. The Gibson knock-offs I've seen have been comically bad.

Frankly, that looks like a 400-series LTD that's had the logo replaced. For all we know, it could be off-books stuff by the actual plant that makes LTDs for ESP. The contours look 100-percent correct, which you don't see on most knock-offs.

I'd probably want the fret ends to be filed a little nicer than that, but that's also a problem with real LTDs.
I can definitely see that this is a copy.

I think it's important to be able to pick these copies out of a lineup. I've learned from the OP's Che-S-P (sorry, had to try some stupid moniker) that the headstock is longer than an ESP's, and wider. It makes the headstock look awkward IMO. The machine head placement looks kind of weird. Too spaced out maybe. Also, the profile of the headstock is not as aggressive in shape on the copy as it is on the real deal.

Can anyone comment on the control layout of this guitar vs a ESP Eclipse?

The control layout on the Chibsons I've seen have been right out of wack! A dead giveaway for sure. And, the Jackson copies have really bad headstock shapes.

There is usually one detail of the original guitar that is completely f'ed up in the copies. I keep a close eye on these copies so that I don't get ripped off by someone who has one. There are too many Jem's and LP copies floating around these parts.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
Looks pretty good, binding looks very neat and Im digging the satin black. If I had to pick at it, it looks like the G string tuning peg looks a touch wonky? I'm no ESP expert but the cutaway looks more Gibson than the ESP one I'm used to (or are there different cutaway styles on the ESPs?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts