Metal Guitarist Forums banner

C014 SLx7 Bookmatched Figured Ash

4K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  bigdave 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

almost done this one so i thought i'd get the thread on it started.

Bookmatched figured ash top and solid figured ash headstock
Figured massaranduba neck with roasted figured maple stringers and ebony insert
1 piece roasted ash back
ebony fretboard
wenge ferrule ...holder?
26 inch scale, 25 frets, scalloped 12 - 25
2 x Custom matched Nordstrand humbuckers
"Petrucci" 12 pole 3 way....that sounds so wrong.
1 volume
Threaded output jack w/ yamaha/jem/whatever cutaway
Monocoat "citron" finish

See less See more
#13 ·
Hi guys! Thanks SO much for checking this one out! I'm really happy how it turned out. The action is beyond stupid low - i love it. The possible owner is showing up at my place tomorrow to check it out. I was hoping to sell it locally as it's a prototype and has a couple little "meh" things about it that i couldn't really do anything about.

I'm just in the process of getting the fanned fret guitars underway and once the prototypes for those are finished, i'll actually take on a few new custom orders. Between my day job and building guitars, i've got very little time to get new stuff on the go.

Thanks! It's definitely the pictures for the most part. The edge of the headtock on the treble side had a slight bit of router blow out (lost about 1 mm of wood) so it's a little more rounded off than the other ultra-pointy headstocks I've done. Other than that, it's the same dimensions.

Thank Darren for the design though - All i did was say - "ESP headstock with straight string pull" and he delivered.

:flex:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.