Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Bowes Guitars
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This one is totally finished yet (tuners dont' have the lock down screw drilled yet), so the pics look like they're taken with a potato. The better ones will be coming once i do the music store test and have way better lighting.

I can't photograph this thing worth a poop, hence the flash on/flash off pics.

This one comes in at under 6 pounds fully loaded.

SFLx7
25 frets, 12-25 scalloped, 26 inch scale
Tigerwood fretboard
Figured Myrtlewood top on black limba core
Lightly figured maple neck with dyed green maple stringers
Battleworn gold camo BK Aftermaths
Petrucci 3 way
3 mm Luminlay indicators

Group shot! Doing fretwork on #C014 in case you're wondering why it's all taped up.

· Bowes Guitars
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do all three have homes Brian?
All 3 in the pic are spoken for at this time! :)

I've got a bunch of bodies and necks that i'm doing for stock, but i need to grind out the last few customer ones first.

The finish on this is just Monocoat...two coats of it. It goes on super easy, protects exceptionally well and doesn't smell at all.

Right now the neck is settling in under tension. After about 24 hours, i'll go back and see if there are any high spots that need to be addressed.

· Bowes Guitars
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sick! I was going to opt away from a black limba body due to having to go with laquer, but if it's cool with Monocoat I'm back into it!
Just be aware that it's going to scratch and dent a lot easier than a lacquer finish. I'm really pushing people with black limba to go that way, but if they're aware of the consequences of it, i'm ok with it.

I can also get 1 piece figured black limba right now. I might be going out to buy another log of it.

· Chucky Dinsdale
143 Posts
Just be aware that it's going to scratch and dent a lot easier than a lacquer finish. I'm really pushing people with black limba to go that way, but if they're aware of the consequences of it, i'm ok with it.

I can also get 1 piece figured black limba right now. I might be going out to buy another log of it.
All kinds of yes! I don't play out as it is, it'll be a studio machine.
If I could marry a one piece back with some of that cocobolo from build #15, you be my new personal hero. Shrine, posters, the whole nine yards.

· Bowes Guitars
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All kinds of yes! I don't play out as it is, it'll be a studio machine.
If I could marry a one piece back with some of that cocobolo from build #15, you be my new personal hero. Shrine, posters, the whole nine yards.
I should be able to do a bookmatched top with the log of cocobolo I've got. :)

· Dream Crusher
21,038 Posts
The best part about our build arrangement is I get to watch you get better and better and better :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.