Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness)

Sold the DC-5 combo, and I'm putting together a head/cab setup based around the ROV25. I've got a bead on a used Recto 2x12 "compact", which is basically the old Stiletto 2x12, right?

Does anyone have any experience with this, and how it compares to a "normal" Recto 2x12, besides being smaller?

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Try a prs SE 212 too :yesway:. I've only used the reg 212 a couple times and wasnt really sold on it.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

So wait, you want to go from 50w through a 1x12 to 25w through a 2x12?

That's not going to be any quieter dude :lol:

The Stiletto cabs are more focused and less deep-sounding. The EL84-driven ROV25 may benefit from the extra depth and low end of the full Recto 2x12.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Josh said:
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:)

So wait, you want to go from 50w through a 1x12 to 25w through a 2x12?

That's not going to be any quieter dude :lol:

The Stiletto cabs are more focused and less deep-sounding. The EL84-driven ROV25 may benefit from the extra depth and low end of the full Recto 2x12.
Not necessarily. I'd really still prefer a 1x12. But there was this deal. Now that I think of it, I don't really feel comfortable pulling the trigger on it without playing it, so I'll likely pass.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Lopez said:
Build or get a Thiele if you want a 1x12!
Actually, I was looking not at the Mesa Thiele, but at the wide body ported. I need to see how the Mini Rec/ROV sounds through a C90.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:agreed:

The Recto 2x12 is more mid focused than the 4x12, but isn't boxy or honky sounding. I don't think I'd want the smaller cab, especially since I dislike the Recto 1x12.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This sounds like the ticket:

I still really dig the C90.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts