Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok mens, i have 2 cabs. I have a head that will mono bridge, which means i can only hook one cab up. What if i hook one cable from the head to the cab, then one cable from the cab to the other cab. will this work? i don't understand what this does to the ohm ratings. throw me a fricken bone

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
It should wire them in parallel which, if the cabs are the same ohm rating, halves the resistance so two 8ohm cabs will be 4 ohms

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
If the cabs are 8ohms, you can wire them in series and plug into your 16ohm output, or wire them in parallel, and go to your 4ohm output.

Get a little series box.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how to you plug them in series or parallel? i don't get the difference in doing it this way? i can only have one cable coming out of the amp

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
When daisy chaining, cabs generally go in parallel.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
If you'd stop:

[MG.ORG Chat]: Crucified has entered at 9:49 pm
[MG.ORG Chat]: Crucified has left at 9:49 pm
[ohio_eric] 9:49 pm: MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
[MG.ORG Chat]: Crucified has entered at 9:51 pm
[MG.ORG Chat]: Crucified has left at 9:51 pm

...I could tell you all about it. ***.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
once again though, this doesn't mean anything to me. daisy chaining is like what i described in my first post?
yes and what parallel means is that all the positives are connected in a chain and the negatives the same where series alternates its confusing but daisy chaining is usually parallel

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Basically, yes. Daisy chaining is when you plug one cab into another. On every cab I have ever heard of it connects them in series, which is the same as plugging them into the two parallel speaker outputs on the back of your Eden.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Basically, yes. Daisy chaining is when you plug one cab into another. On every cab I have ever heard of it connects them in parallel, which is the same as plugging them into the two parallel speaker outputs on the back of your Eden.
Fixed :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Whoops. Yes, thanks :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts