Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
AFAIK, the Deuce and Trident received updates, but the Ace was badass enough that it didn't get one.
I thought the Ace was only introduced with the second revision.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
That's entirely possible!
Drew's right; technically the Ace is a Series II, but that's all there ever was. Same pre as the SII Trident and Deuce. I loved mine, before it blew up. Fucking amazing sounding amp. I had the Hernia Brothers - a DC-5 combo and a Stiletto combo. :D

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I played Noodles' Stiletto for a show once. I did not like it at all. It blends really well with a Rectifier, but on its own it was not fun to play. :2c:
Considering what you like in an EL-34 amp (Bogner Uberschall), I was completely unsurprised. It is completely lacking in that low end "thwump", so it feels stiff to play at first. It's way more fun to solo through than play rhythm, too.

AFAIK, the Deuce and Trident received updates, but the Ace was badass enough that it didn't get one.
Actually, the Ace never existed before Series 2.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Aaah I see. Kinda surprised to see people hated the Trident. I guess the extra headroom made it sound too bright?

And the love for the Ace in here makes me want to check one out. :lol:
Think of the Stiletto as if it were a Marshall. All the really awesome sounding Marshalls are the lower output models. When I bought my Deuce, the Ace only came as a combo amp. If the head had existed at the time, I'd have bought it no question.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Stiletto is the Deuce 2, not the Trident. I've heard negative things about the Trident, but haven't played one personally, so YMMV. That amp is highly flavored by its power tubes, so it's likely that it's gotten a bad rap just from running "standard" EL34s.
LMAO someone is pathetic Mr Leon . There are virtually no bad or negative news about the trident!! However there’s boat loads of terrible listings about the Deuce. Look you bought a shitty No. 2 lol amp don’t make it worse by trying to lie and run down other amps. By the way by the way I work sound at The MGM GRAND here in Vegas and every day for certain shows we run an entire back line of stiletto tridents and in 5 and a half years we’ve never had any problems out of all 25 heads other than replacing the tubes at proper intervals. Now aren’t you ashamed 🤨😩

21 - 27 of 27 Posts